Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

M3 or SRT4?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 09:34 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: M3 or SRT4?

And yes there POS's... my parents have owned one in the past... that thing had the interior of a Taurus and the juice of a Tercell... slow, cheap... crap?[]

Old 03-21-2007, 09:55 PM
2nd Gear

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree, but I still believe what I said.

Old 03-21-2007, 09:58 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Amze

And yes there POS's... my parents have owned one in the past... that thing had the interior of a Taurus and the juice of a Tercell... slow, cheap... crap?[]
Maybe you should leave 1995 and join the rest of us in the future

They are not to shabby. So your parents sucked, ok. How many other things sucked way back then that are now really good?

Old 03-21-2007, 11:18 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: i3uddha

Amze - I agree w/ almost everything u said...

its one of the best V6's in its class - going back many years ...
Being the best V6 in that class is like being leading rusher on the Junior Varsity Team. You still didn't make Varsity, soyou're just better than a bunch of other guys who suck too.

Old 03-21-2007, 11:45 PM
4th Gear

I so want a 850CSi. Its a rare car that was ahead of its time, and quickly becoming a collectors item.

Old 03-22-2007, 03:37 AM
4th Gear

Well i got to ride in a heavily moded SRT-4 and it is a quite a fast and loud car, espacially if its running at 31psi. but none the less its a douchebag car. a fast car but still a douchebag car.

Old 03-22-2007, 04:00 AM
SoCal Crew Member

the bimmer is a far better car in every way except for the reliability issues hes gonna face with it... or probably will. it is a good deal tho. my gf got a 99 e46 323i for 10,500 with 108k, shes had to throw another 4 at it since... and that isnt an M3

Old 03-22-2007, 04:30 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja

ORIGINAL: SilverSeven

Being the best V6 in that class is like being leading rusher on the Junior Varsity Team. You still didn't make Varsity, soyou're just better than a bunch of other guys who suck too.

wtf.. why is SS picking on me on every thread?

ok.. Im not waving the banner or holding a torch for the Camry - Im just saying, the car
is one of the best selling cars in our time - for good reason -
not because of luck or flashy marketing...& to call it an
unsafe POS is something I have to disagree with...

and I guess saying something sucks or doesnt suck is totally relative here...
Speed isnt everything IMO. Beeeejesus [&:] if speed is the only factor that determines
what makes something suck or not - than why is everyone trashing the stupid steroided Neon?
Theyre fast right?

IMO - saying a car is unsafe - bec it doesnt have the acceleration time
of a Lotus is crazy.. thats where driver reflex comes into play...
I've driven / transported lots of cars since Ive worked w/ used car dealerships...
Never have I said - this car wouldhave been safer if I couldve accelerated & switched lanes faster.

you also never specified what year Camry you were talking about...just the camry in general.

like I said Amze - I agree w/ you on this one.. between the 2 choices...
Scg87's friend would probably enjoy (since he previously owned) & better appreciate
the Srt4 w/ mods...

Whatever... Im done ranting - may the grace of a thousand soothing swans fall upon this thread.
(where are the swan pics when we need them...)

Old 03-22-2007, 04:39 AM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: SilverSeven

ok.. Im not waving the banner or holding a torch for the Camry - Im just saying, the car

Speed isnt everything IMO. Beeeejesus [&:] if speed is the only factor that determines
what makes something suck or not - than why is everyone trashing the stupid steroided Neon?
Theyre fast right?

I've driven / transported lots of cars since Ive worked w/ used car dealerships...
Never have I said - this car wouldhave been safer if I couldve accelerated & switched lanes faster.

you also never specified what year Camry you were talking about...just the camry in general.

Scg87's friend would probably enjoy (since he previously owned) & better appreciate
the Srt4 w/ mods...

Whatever... Im done ranting - may the grace of a thousand soothing swans fall upon this thread.
ya... wtf are the swans... we want peace. btw nice avatar jason :-) that movie pwns

Old 03-22-2007, 07:16 PM
4th Gear

Theyre fast right?

the Srt4 w/ mods...

Your not saying I'm picking on you right? You're saying silversteven, cause I have no intentions to pick on anyone. Your actually one of the better guys on this forum

Well I had to learn how to drive in a Toyota Tercell, and a 05 Chevy Malibu (drivers ed) and believe me... not having that extrea acceleration is not fun on a 5 lane high stress free way. You'll be wishing your in something with a little more juice, but mabye I just feel that way... If there making the Camrys with V6's now, then I'm sure there perfectly fine cars. Just an observation I had when I drove in under-powered cars, its acceleration makes it a bad freeway car[&:]

Quick Reply: M3 or SRT4?