Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

M3 or SRT4?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 03:24 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: M3 or SRT4?

M3 with 110K on the clock, huh? ::looks into crystal ball:: I see a loooot of money in his future, yes, 100 dollar bills just flying, flying..... out of his pockets.....

Neither is a good choice really. Isnt there a third (or possibly 4th, 5th, 6th) option?

Old 03-21-2007, 03:32 PM
5th Gear

this is the kind of thread that ends up reposted all over the other car forums for millions of people to make fun of

let's see, a german, rwd, luxury sport sedan....or a fast neon.......

Old 03-21-2007, 07:16 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: bluovalguy
If we chose cars based on our intelligence, then we would all be driving f**kin camrys. They are cheaper, great gas mileage, reliable as hell, oh yeah, and soulless. If you take the time to seek out a forum of likeminded enthusiats to share your passion for your car, then chances are pretty good you used more than intelligence to chose your vehicle in the first place. Thats just my thinking though, maybe I'm wrong
That doesn't apply when your considering to cars, both fast. The SRT-4 is obviously faster, and even faster faster modded. Now I know no one likes them, myself included. but.... I'd rather have the one he described than a 1997 european 100k miles car, don't care if its an M3 or a ******* Jaguar. They can have issues, that aren't visually noticable that not even the seller may know about. Why not find a newer/lower mileage M3 for the 17k hes willing to put up for the SRT-4? Why suffer with an old shat hole... when you have another 8k to make it a newer M3. 1997 or SRT-4... I say SRT-4 (Stage 2)

And blouvalguy, what you said has no rellevance to whats going on, its between TWO cars. I'm saying be logical between this TWO.... I'm not saying be logical in general when choosing a car, in my opinion a Camry is a terrible choice.... you have to mash the gas pedal down before getting on the freeway and even then the car takes like 4 seconds to respond to whats happening, thats not safe... there POS's.

I'd rather have a 0-60 in 3 second beast that gets 10 miles to the gallon than a 0-60 in 5 second car that gets 20 miles to the gallon, but thats a whole different ballpark... and sadly were not at that stadium right now. Therfore what you said means nothing...

Its between a, 1997 M3 with 100k miles, or a SRT-4 (stage 2) with 32k miles!

Christ....[>:]

Old 03-21-2007, 07:16 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: HansBlix

M3 with 110K on the clock, huh? ::looks into crystal ball:: I see a loooot of money in his future, yes, 100 dollar bills just flying, flying..... out of his pockets.....

Exactly my goddamn point!

Old 03-21-2007, 07:21 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: BFlan2001

this is the kind of thread that ends up reposted all over the other car forums for millions of people to make fun of

let's see, a german, rwd, luxury sport sedan....or a fast neon.......
It really isn't though...

I'm not defending that SRT-4 is a good car, I'm defending that a 100k M3 is a bad one.

Hes gonna be paying for issues, and the farthest he'll take that car is to 200k and by then NO ONE will want it.

He'll lose money, and have a worthless old hunk of junk.... I wouldn't call a 97 anything that luxurious... I'm sure the interior has some wear. Plus the guy already HAD a SRT-4 that he really enjoyed... its a no brainer. I'm putting myself in the guys shoes and thinking about the matter, not talking out of my *** and bashing the SRT-4 because I personally hate it, which I do... but.

1997 M3 = LOLS. [:'(]

But if he wants to take it anally, lose money, and have a 97 anything then I highly recommends he follows your guys opinions...[&:]

Old 03-21-2007, 07:33 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja

Amze - I agree w/ almost everything u said...

ORIGINAL: Amze
... I'm not saying be logical in general when choosing a car, in my opinion a Camry is a terrible choice.... you have to mash the gas pedal down before getting on the freeway and even then the car takes like 4 seconds to respond to whats happening, thats not safe... there POS's.

Camry's the best selling car in the US 9 out of 10 times...
not by chance - its one of the best V6's in its class - going back many years ...

but other than that - yeah... I'd think the srt4 would be the better choice for him since
he's ALLREADY OWNED ONE & if he enjoyed it - hey.. more power to him...

Old 03-21-2007, 08:16 PM
5th Gear

well seeing as how the price difference between the two cars is 6 grand, my first piece of advise for this guy would be to get a better idea of how much he wants to spend. for 17k you can get a much nicer m3 with a lot less mileage on it, but maybea german car is not what the guy wants...sounds like he's got some thinking to do before he buys any car

Old 03-21-2007, 08:34 PM
1st Gear

This guy needs to some serious searching. I was looking on ebay this afternoon and found MUCH better deals on cars than what he's found. If anything, go SRT-4, even though i hate the car, its prob in his best interest

Old 03-21-2007, 08:57 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Amze

ORIGINAL: bluovalguy
If we chose cars based on our intelligence, then we would all be driving f**kin camrys. They are cheaper, great gas mileage, reliable as hell, oh yeah, and soulless. If you take the time to seek out a forum of likeminded enthusiats to share your passion for your car, then chances are pretty good you used more than intelligence to chose your vehicle in the first place. Thats just my thinking though, maybe I'm wrong
That doesn't apply when your considering to cars, both fast. The SRT-4 is obviously faster, and even faster faster modded. Now I know no one likes them, myself included. but.... I'd rather have the one he described than a 1997 european 100k miles car, don't care if its an M3 or a ******* Jaguar. They can have issues, that aren't visually noticable that not even the seller may know about. Why not find a newer/lower mileage M3 for the 17k hes willing to put up for the SRT-4? Why suffer with an old shat hole... when you have another 8k to make it a newer M3. 1997 or SRT-4... I say SRT-4 (Stage 2)

And blouvalguy, what you said has no rellevance to whats going on, its between TWO cars. I'm saying be logical between this TWO.... I'm not saying be logical in general when choosing a car, in my opinion a Camry is a terrible choice.... you have to mash the gas pedal down before getting on the freeway and even then the car takes like 4 seconds to respond to whats happening, thats not safe... there POS's.

I'd rather have a 0-60 in 3 second beast that gets 10 miles to the gallon than a 0-60 in 5 second car that gets 20 miles to the gallon, but thats a whole different ballpark... and sadly were not at that stadium right now. Therfore what you said means nothing...

Its between a, 1997 M3 with 100k miles, or a SRT-4 (stage 2) with 32k miles!

Christ....[>:]
I am not a fan of camry, but "unsafe...POS"??? There is no point in even reading anything else you wrote. As far as having no point, maybe you should read it again

Old 03-21-2007, 09:31 PM
4th Gear

Never called its "Saftey" rating bad... I said the fact that there slow is unsafe.. if your on a free way and you need to quickly change lanes a car with some juice helps... I'm sure there "impact" rating is amazing

and aren't older camerys V4's? the new ones are V6? then..

gg on mis-quoting me... above ^^^[:@]

Quick Reply: M3 or SRT4?