Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

M3 or SRT4?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 01:54 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: M3 or SRT4?

ORIGINAL: ErikCzajkowski
and i agree with Amze, i'm a bit skeptical about purchasing a car with more than 100k. you just never can be sure. its best to be patient, think about it and wait for that perfect car to come around. in reference to either of those cars, neither of them excite me enough to jump out of my chair and count my pennies. there's always something better out there for the money, just be patient and research it.

Boom goes the dynomite.

Find a new M3 or let him take the SRT-4.. you won't be driving it!

Old 03-21-2007, 02:44 AM
4th Gear

There are far better deals out there, he has to be patient. But if I had no other choice I'd take the bimmer. You have to be rather stupid to choose the fwd POS neon...My coworker owns an SRT, we all point and laugh at him, even he knows its a POS car lol

Old 03-21-2007, 02:47 AM
4th Gear

BMW you can make it faster in the turns already, drift it, add a turbo kit and still for maybe 17-18K you got yourself a nicer car thats faster than a gay little neon turbo

Old 03-21-2007, 04:52 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja

ORIGINAL: SAudi

BMW you can make it faster in the turns already, drift it, add a turbo kit and still for maybe 17-18K you got yourself a nicer car thats faster than a gay little neon turbo
ooooh I dunno.. I mean i love the "m" badge as much as the next guy...
but a new Honda accord is faster 0-60 than an E-36 stock...

im just being realistic is all - Im not a fan of the Srt4's but they are what they are.. fast & cheap...
youd have to spend alot of money to make that M3 take out an SRT4 w/ minor mods...

thats alot of miles - I'd much rather look for other options...

Old 03-21-2007, 05:44 AM
2nd Gear

ANY M3 will have a higher insurance bracket, higher repair costs, higher general maintenance costs. A Neon can be modded super cheap, anything for the M3 is going to be Mega-Bux. The cheaper initial cost of the M3 will easily be eaten up the second you choose to mod it or the second something goes wrong and needs to be fixed, and since the M3 is considerably older, it will be in need of those more expensive repairs sooner and more often.The Neon will probably still have warranty, the M3 most definitely won't. The M3 takes finesse and skill to drive at the limit, the Neon is literally built for idiots to go fast in.

I would pick the M3 in a heartbeat, but 90% of people would be better off with the Neon.

Old 03-21-2007, 12:12 PM
1st Gear

M3 hands down.
But there are better deals out there i paid 9,500 for my 97 M3 with 90K miles on it.
this car is going to make such an amazing tuner car to build up. Been lookin at superchargers for it lately.

Old 03-21-2007, 02:18 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Amze

150k miles is the worst idea ever.... You people need to use intelligence over your deep hate for the SRT-4... 97 Stock M3?

No thanks.

This is coming from a guy who hates SRT-4's, JUST THINK ABOUT IT!
If we chose cars based on our intelligence, then we would all be driving f**kin camrys. They are cheaper, great gas mileage, reliable as hell, oh yeah, and soulless. If you take the time to seek out a forum of likeminded enthusiats to share your passion for your car, then chances are pretty good you used more than intelligence to chose your vehicle in the first place. Thats just my thinking though, maybe I'm wrong

Old 03-21-2007, 02:23 PM
1st Gear

either way, whatever you purchase, you'll see things in hindsight that might make you wish you got the other car.

i still think ditch both cars and look for something else fast, cheap and unique.

Old 03-21-2007, 02:28 PM
2nd Gear

The problem is, there isn't **** around here. We live in a "city" of 33,000 and it doesn't even have a Nissan dealer. Or Mitsu, Subaru, or anything European. I have to drive 2 hours away to get my Z serviced. I have to drive 5 hours away to get my Audi serviced. There are virtually no sports cars up here. I personally wouldn't buy either of the two cars either. But he's buying one or the other this weekend, and I think he's better off w/ the M3.

Old 03-21-2007, 03:13 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja

I guess whatever makes u happy right?
he did have an Srt4 before ..

I'll admit it too - when I was stock ,
I was shamed at the light by a modded Srt4.. never quite gotten over it fully [&o]

ppl get cars for diff. reasons obviously - some just want to go fast in a straight line.
some like the luxury / handling total package aspect.
etc. etc.

another factor is servicing the M3... u said ur driving miles to get the audi serviced etc...
would he be in the same boat?

Quick Reply: M3 or SRT4?