Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Long Drive

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 04:30 AM
3rd Gear
Default Long Drive

I'm taking the car on it's first long distance drive. It will be my longest road trip too. I'm moving to Kansas City from Arizona on Wed. morning. It's a 20 hour drive, so I'm looking for some suggestions to make the trip *** enjoyable as possible. I really am not looking forward to it... Everyone at my work has told me to buy a book on CD??

Old 11-12-2005, 10:25 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Long Drive

The book CD'sd are great for long drives... Music can get a bit boring, but a decent audio book can be great... It akll depends on who is reading mind... A dismal narrator is an awful thing. (Don't tell anyone, but I've got Harry Potter in the car!!...Sshhhhh)

Old 11-12-2005, 03:26 PM
3rd Gear

I'm going to get something today at the book store. Anything but a horror. Nothing like being in the middle of the desert, driving by yourself and listening to Texas Chainsaw Massacre. LOL.

Old 11-12-2005, 08:57 PM
Administrator

try the Davinci Code.. that was a great book.. dont know how it is on tape though..

Old 11-12-2005, 10:51 PM
5th Gear

The DaVinci code was alright... I read it in two days during a trip to the cottage. It was well written, but nothing too exciting.

I don't care if you've seen the movie... read the bourne identity. Amazing book. Supremacy as well. Ultimatum... not bad.
I also like clive cusslers books. I've read lots and lots of them. Michael crightons stuff is great too... Sphere was an excellent book, as were both Jurassic parks. Sphere got BUTCHERED on it's way to the big screen... so did Timeline. Both great books, both awful movies.

Old 11-12-2005, 11:23 PM
Administrator

Dean Koontz (sp) wrote a book called "Intensity" awesome book... anyone else read it?

Old 11-12-2005, 11:32 PM
3rd Gear

2001:Space odessey (Arthur C Clarke)... or the shining... (That Stephen King bloke... you may have heard of him) ... or The Lord of the rings... J.R.R. Toilken

Old 11-12-2005, 11:54 PM

The person that wrote Fight Club and Choke, choke is supposed to be pretty messed up and fight club is supposed to be a lil better than the movie. I dont read books thou. My dad has read, all the bournes and da vinici code liked them all.

Old 11-13-2005, 02:34 AM
3rd Gear

Well, I ended up getting a couple Bill Cosby stand ups and I got Robin Williams - Broadway. I also got Harry Potter because a couple people told me that it's an alright book if your going to need it for a long time, which I will because the drive is just over 20 hours!!! I'm really not looking forward to it. I guess it will give me some time alone with my baby and really get her going in the middle of no where. Shouldn't be too tough... I've never seen how fast I can get her...

Just kind of boring since it's just me.

Old 11-13-2005, 02:44 AM

Lets be honest there are worst ways to spend 20hrs. i actually would love a nice 6 hr drive. U could break it in to 2 or 3 days to make it easier.

Quick Reply: Long Drive