Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Life's Lessons

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 06:36 PM
Site Moderator
Default Life's Lessons

Some random stuff I've learned the hard way while in the Air Force.

1. If youre having a drink in a foreign country and youre not sure whats in your drink, put it down.

2. Same as 1, but with food.

3. A wheelchair, a friend acting retarded, and a large crowd might seem like a good idea, but I was informed that it's not.

4. If youre unsure of who's on the other end of the phone line at work, don't answer by saying, "Jasons donkey farm, we haul ***."

5. Do not put any scene from Goodfellas on any answering machine your boss (who is extremely religious) might call.

6. Do not mix police tape, ketchup, chalk, and a busy intersection.

7. Do not deploy road guards for your car. (road guards go out in front of a marching formation to stop traffic when the formation passes through an intersection)

8. Singing along to the Little Mermaid theme song as you enter the base gate will get you unwanted attention.

9. While deployed to the desert, there's no end to the free stuff you can get. (Like an entire 108" X 88" pallet of coffee stacked 5 feet tall from starbucks. We had enough for everyone on base to get 2 bags of coffee)

10. 2nd Lts dont like being called butter bars.

11. 2nd Lts will rat you out to the commander for calling them butter bars.

12. The ocean might seem too small for a jet ski but the lap pool at the hotel is definitely too small.

13. A true friend will search for you when you've been missing from the party for an hour. Then help you out of the bushes you were trying to swim in.

14. If you're going to tackle a tiki torch, don't forget about the tree behind it.

15. Don't wear full nuclear/biological/chemical gear while carrying a fake gun. No one else will think it's funny.

Old 06-06-2006, 06:41 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja
Default RE: Life's Lessons

good stuff. #1 & 2 could save your life..

Old 06-06-2006, 06:54 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: Turbo i3uddha

good stuff. #1 & 2 could save your life..
And keep you from flooding a hotel room.

Old 06-06-2006, 07:06 PM
2nd Gear

Sounds like you've kept yourself busy.

Old 06-06-2006, 07:34 PM
4th Gear

You should drink some courage and call a colonel "butter bird" and see what happens.

Old 06-06-2006, 07:43 PM

I got mugged in Holland I was drunk but it was Turks that mugged me (I was that drunk) but I have eyes in the back of my head and my sixth sense has clicked in, I haven't been in a pub for 25 years because of it so I took up self defence but at my age whats the point just buy a gun

Old 06-06-2006, 08:06 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

how bout this one:

good things come to those who wait

or is this one better?

you always want what you can't have

Old 06-06-2006, 08:26 PM

good things come to those who wait time is the element here and some don't have it to waste, nothing is special with life you get what your dished out that's life, but you can be social while its there

Old 06-06-2006, 08:36 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: BaconBait

Some random stuff I've learned the hard way while in the Air Force.

1. If youre having a drink in a foreign country and youre not sure whats in your drink, put it down.

2. Same as 1, but with food.

3. A wheelchair, a friend acting retarded, and a large crowd might seem like a good idea, but I was informed that it's not.

4. If youre unsure of who's on the other end of the phone line at work, don't answer by saying, "Jasons donkey farm, we haul ***."

5. Do not put any scene from Goodfellas on any answering machine your boss (who is extremely religious) might call.

6. Do not mix police tape, ketchup, chalk, and a busy intersection.

7. Do not deploy road guards for your car. (road guards go out in front of a marching formation to stop traffic when the formation passes through an intersection)

8. Singing along to the Little Mermaid theme song as you enter the base gate will get you unwanted attention.

9. While deployed to the desert, there's no end to the free stuff you can get. (Like an entire 108" X 88" pallet of coffee stacked 5 feet tall from starbucks. We had enough for everyone on base to get 2 bags of coffee)

10. 2nd Lts dont like being called butter bars.

11. 2nd Lts will rat you out to the commander for calling them butter bars.

12. The ocean might seem too small for a jet ski but the lap pool at the hotel is definitely too small.

13. A true friend will search for you when you've been missing from the party for an hour. Then help you out of the bushes you were trying to swim in.

14. If you're going to tackle a tiki torch, don't forget about the tree behind it.

15. Don't wear full nuclear/biological/chemical gear while carrying a fake gun. No one else will think it's funny.
Funny stuff!

Old 06-06-2006, 09:57 PM
18T
4th Gear

haha good stuff! How about them camel spiders ...[sm=insomnia.gif]

Quick Reply: Life's Lessons