Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

lets start one here

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 10:35 AM
Tech Guru
Default lets start one here

audiworld uproar........ funny over there...... will wait a while to use the forum as there are a million "i hate this place and am leaving" threads

Old 03-17-2009, 10:55 AM
6th Gear

didn't use it before, probably won't use it now either.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:29 AM
4th Gear

Been to Audiworld a couple of times - never joined them they all seem to flame noobs or anyone with a stupid question - the one reason most go to forums is to get informed. Seems some clique of uber-Audiphiles have run amok there...

Old 03-17-2009, 02:25 PM

maybe we should go over there and kick some a$$!!!

Old 03-17-2009, 04:07 PM
5th Gear

As not many here have fully tuneable suspension, thats where I'd ask my technical questions related to my suspension setup. Its also where I bought my KWs from.
But most of them are a PITA. The few good guys also post here, so if you're one of them, thanks for not being an a-hole.

It bugs me that if its not an accepted mod within their group, its ****. Basically, if its not already on their cars, its tacky, or will hurt the car 'somehow'.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:20 PM
Tech Guru

my very first post after buying my car back in '06 was about a bov and k&n and i got told to sell my car or that they hoped it died a slow death...... most are a-hole and they are all leaving for quatttroworld......... but i will probably go over there more in a couple of weeks once all the we hate it's and what not die down.......

the way i look at, even saying search noob is rude, but most of the time we are still helpful, i mean we all have a german car/audi of some sort or used to........ or maybe just plain mechanical and like to hang on forums........ if you know more than someone else, help them

Old 03-17-2009, 06:59 PM
3rd Gear

If anyone asks noob questions on the Word Association or TPAM, they've just asked for it though. What's the deal with over there, a mass exodus or something of that nature?

Old 03-17-2009, 08:44 PM
5th Gear

lots of old guys, lots of money, set in their ways.

They've been bitching about the forum changing from the point where it was only a rumor that there might be a change. they want their old stale format thats hard as hell to follow unless you track every thread you might have an interest in.

Im curious to see how this all turns out.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:50 PM
4th Gear

LOL I just glanced through AW... what an improvement! their old forums style was a major PITA to read/use. They're all whining and bitching about it though, whatever. vBulletin FTW!

Old 03-17-2009, 08:55 PM
5th Gear

audiworld is a great site, audiworld forums (btw, i speak of the forums like there isn't anything beyond the TT section) notsomuch.

Let the ones set in their ways go hide in their cave. Hope the site survives, hope the rest of the forum people move out, hopefully to here. I hate having multiple sites to track.

Quick Reply: lets start one here