Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Lets see how good you are...

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 03:18 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Lets see how good you are...

It's one of many, many, exercises pilots and 'GIBs" (guy in back) go through to develop and maintain hand eye coordination skills. These days, (developing since the early seventies) displays in front of the pilot and especially the GIB, (aka the 'EWO' electronic warfare officer , my old job ) have all sorts of things happening on the screen, the "APR47". In a battle environment hey may be looking at incoming SAM's, air to air missiles, bogies, AAA, friendlies, and other guys looking at him all in real time and happening REAL FAST!!! Getting all your butts back alive depend on the GIB and the pilot communicating, reacting and taking multiple countermeasures. The APR47 (and it's variants) screens look like real complicated video games with all kinds of icons, tracers and symbols coming at you…except in aint no game...

ORIGINAL: pturbo

I'm sober now and I still suck at it.

So what does this test for? I need to know what I'm lousy at.

Old 07-12-2006, 03:31 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: NightFlight

It's one of many, many, exercises pilots and 'GIBs" (guy in back) go through to develop and maintain hand eye coordination skills. These days, (developing since the early seventies) displays in front of the pilot and especially the GIB, (aka the 'EWO' electronic warfare officer , my old job ) have all sorts of things happening on the screen, the "APR47". In a battle environment hey may be looking at incoming SAM's, air to air missiles, bogies, AAA, friendlies, and other guys looking at him all in real time and happening REAL FAST!!! Getting all your butts back alive depend on the GIB and the pilot communicating, reacting and taking multiple countermeasures. The APR47 (and it's variants) screens look like real complicated video games with all kinds of icons, tracers and symbols coming at you…except in aint no game...

My answer was funnier

Old 07-12-2006, 03:59 PM
1st Gear

Hey, you're on the right track
Look for patterns..try to and remember and antcipate them...

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

ORIGINAL: NightFlight

My answer was funnier

Old 07-12-2006, 05:19 PM
4th Gear

Hell, test me on Gran Tourismo then! I've got great hand/eye coorindination. I swear!

I can remember patterns and anticipate then. Like right now I will predict a couple of smart *** posts from AWD somewhere on the forum.

Old 07-12-2006, 06:05 PM
1st Gear

I can remember patterns and anticipate then. Like right now I will predict a couple of smart *** posts from AWD somewhere on the forum.

Old 07-12-2006, 07:42 PM
Senior Administrator

Hell, test me on Gran Tourismo then! I've got great hand/eye coorindination. I swear!

Oh yeah?!?!? Well.... Ummm... SO WHAT!!!

Old 07-12-2006, 07:45 PM
4th Gear

I just had to somehow prove by crystal ball like predictive powers along with my cat like reflexes in some way other than that damn game that kills me before 20sec every time. [:@]

Old 07-12-2006, 07:50 PM
Senior Administrator

Yabbut, admit it, it's kinda like predicting sunrise, tomorrow, wasn't it?

Old 07-12-2006, 07:58 PM
4th Gear

Now you are causing me to question my abilities just like that damn game! Where did I put my Ritilin, Xanex and Zoloft!?!

Oh, to hell with it. Where's the JD?

Old 07-12-2006, 08:43 PM
4th Gear

**** it, I can't get past 30 today. I will admit that my computer was running it alittle slower cus it sucks so that make it quite a bit easyer. but I'm now dealling with a fecked up mouse.