Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Learned to shoot over the weekend

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 04:00 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: Learned to shoot over the weekend

ORIGINAL: Heinzanova

ORIGINAL: CheckMyVitals

ORIGINAL: headshok2002

Haha, I keep coming back here... totally an american thing!

Any Canadians polishing their favourite firearm, as we speak?
i'm polishing my favorite firearm...
... unsure of the caliber, it chnages depending on my mood
I love the feel of an .45 APC, favorite carry how ever? .40

Higher velocity for penetration power than a .45 and also I can carry more, but packs more weight than a 9mm, and the +P+ rounds I have will push thru class III body armor with out any problem.

PS Lets not get on the topic of 9mm<40<45<50 bullshit, it is all relevent to the applicatoin.
i was talking about my *****
but quite honestly, as much as having a gun in canada does about as much good as pride does a hooker... it'd still be mighty cool to take up as sport... .45 colt is what i'd be lookin at. old skool

Old 09-14-2005, 04:11 AM

I own two hand guns,
An H&K (Heckler and Koch) Compact .40 Var.1 (my ccw)
and a .50 IMI Desert Eagle
I also have a AK47(assult), an AR180b (sniper rifle), and a russian made Dragnov .308 Extreme Sniper rifle
along with some stupid guns like a few shot guns and rifles.

Hand guns are my favorite to shoot. The AR180b sniper rifle is probably my second favorite.

HK^ after a good night at work

^HK next to DE
I love the pics. Guns, cash, Captian morgans, cigars (ithink i c them on the corner) and audiforums.com. haha nice. I want to shoot some of teh bigger guns next time i go. I think a .45, a rifle, and a 38 special or a 357.

Old 09-14-2005, 04:43 AM
2nd Gear

PS Lets not get on the topic of 9mm<40<45<50 bullshit, it is all relevent to the applicatoin.
After a gunfight, nobody remembers what caliber you were shooting, whether or not you used plain old ball ammo or $50 hollowpoints. No one remembers how many tactical rolls you did, if you were carrying a back up gun and how much extra ammo you carry. All people remember is that one of you didn't walk away.

But then again.... 9mm may expand, but .45ACP never shrinks

I agree on the application idea. You can be killed just as easily by a bullet from a Jennings 22 compared to a $2000 Wilson Combat 1911.

ETA: By the way hienz, way to go on CCW. Being able to protect myself is one reason why after college, I don't plan on coming back to California. I'll probably carry a Glock or an H&K, but I'll still have a 1911.

Old 09-14-2005, 05:31 AM
1st Gear

^ I need my CCW for my protection, I am involved in some risky stuff.

As per the caliber this is correct. I highly doubt anyone else on this board has had the, displeasure of having to shoot and kill someone.

(Caly, Dakota's, Mass, Maryland, jersey (possible but hardly) and mass) are examples of states I will never live in, and if I do I will still carry, be it illegal.
Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Old 09-14-2005, 02:27 PM
2nd Gear

Displeasure of shooting someone. No, I am lucky.

When I was a police officer, i had pulled the gun and been prepared to shoot more times than i can count. It's odd you know, those people never knew they were but a single firing of my synapse from dieing. Since moving on from being and officer I have drawn my pistol twice.

Once on a guy who stuck his leg in my door demanding, he me to return a package that was never delivered. He did actually relieve himself on the spot both number 1 and 2.

The time before that was after I blew out a tire at 75 mph just about a mile or so north of Eugene. 1 am not a sole on the free way but me, and the two dudes who pulled up in a truck. The got out after flipping their high beams on me. Then pulled a crow bar and started towards me saying “can we help you boy”. Retrieving my pistol from the ground beside me and putting it in the holster I was wearing quickly made them get back in their truck and leave.

Old 09-14-2005, 02:35 PM
1st Gear

when you handle money, and are around drugs and alcohol, it is not uncommon to exercise deadly force.

As per non-business issues, I only had to draw my weapon once, on three punk *** kids who wanted to try to rob me at an atm with only a knife... the one did **** himself, can't say anything about #2 though.

I think when I said I would love to end his life for him if he moved until the cops got there is what did it... ****** started crying how his mom was gonna kick his *** and ****... (that is the cliff notes if you want full version PM)

Old 09-15-2005, 01:40 AM

im curious what u do that u have ha dto shoot someone. I hope that i never have to.

Old 09-15-2005, 01:45 AM
2nd Gear

when you handle money, and are around drugs and alcohol, it is not uncommon to exercise deadly force.

As per non-business issues, I only had to draw my weapon once, on three punk *** kids who wanted to try to rob me at an atm with only a knife... the one did **** himself, can't say anything about #2 though.

I think when I said I would love to end his life for him if he moved until the cops got there is what did it... ****** started crying how his mom was gonna kick his *** and ****... (that is the cliff notes if you want full version PM)
Remind me to never do anything to **** you off. Not that I planned on it anytime soon, but still.

Old 09-15-2005, 01:56 AM

jesus heinz, you went all... dirty harry on 'em.. i'd have pissed myself too

Old 09-15-2005, 07:51 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: apg96

im curious what u do that u have ha dto shoot someone. I hope that i never have to.
that is none of nobody's damn business

Quick Reply: Learned to shoot over the weekend