Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

later boys....

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 08:38 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: later boys....

oh man that sux big time howd that happen?

Old 04-14-2005, 08:54 PM
4th Gear

actually... looking at my posts this is gonna sound odd.... i've never had an Audi... they're incredibly hard to find here in Canada for 10K. Thinking in the next couple months that's gonna change though, finally get the car i've been researching.
had a ford escape... sold it in March... was supposed to get an Audi in March.

Old 04-14-2005, 09:18 PM
Senior Administrator

Can'tcha just buy one down here in teh lower 48 and 'port it home? I know a place ne Penna that has a handfull of late model Audi's for under 10-LARGE... Want the website?

Old 04-14-2005, 09:23 PM
4th Gear

sure, link me
the duties to take it across the border are nuts though

Old 04-14-2005, 09:23 PM
Site Moderator

yeah - Audi's are pricey in Canada thats for sure.

Old 04-14-2005, 11:01 PM
5th Gear

check, how much do they tax you? and do they base it on blue book value or can you declare a price paid? just curious cause i'm pretty sure i'm goin up there after school....whenever that is...

Old 04-15-2005, 12:18 AM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: CheckMyVitals

sure, link me
the duties to take it across the border are nuts though
Pennsylvania
http://www.executiveautogallery.com/...m.php?type=Car
New York
http://www.elitemotorcars.com/invent.../salvage/autos

Maybe if you hit the border going RILLY, RILLY fast, they won't know what it is and tax it low?!?!?

Old 04-15-2005, 12:22 AM
4th Gear

thanks a lot AWD, those are slick prices. i'm definatly gonna have to look into the prices of bringing to Canada. Rumors are all i've heard, and from what i understand, i could be paying upwards of over 1K to bring it across.
Canada eh flanman? what for and when?

Old 04-15-2005, 12:28 AM
5th Gear

nothing in specific, i don't even know what the hell i'm getting my degree in, this is my last semester of GE so i guess this summer i'll have to decide...a few friends of mine have moved up there and they love it. i think i would like the overall lifestyle better up there. i have no idea where yet, i've been to bc a couple times and loved it...haven't researched many places yet though. i'm thinkin it won't be for about 4 years. since i graduated high school i've always gone to school one semester, than work one, so i'm on the 8-year ba plan........gotta love california school prices.....[:@][:@][:@][:@]

Old 04-15-2005, 12:33 AM
4th Gear

lol. well, really... there are only 2 provinces in Canada. The rest hardly exist (i love you brrman ).
Ontario and BC. BC... there ARE career opportunities... but not many, and they're hard to find. But the province is one of the most beautiful places in the world... no joke. Ontario... CRAPLOADS of career opportunities... and we have one of the best universities in North America right here... UWO (my university... bitch)
so just think about that man... why even waste ur money in Cali when you can have a WAY better education at UWO. plus... if you wanna come to Canada after uni.. and you grad with a UWO degree you can practically write your own ticket.
food for though anyway

Quick Reply: later boys....