Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

In L.A. - 500K march VS. immigration law

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 07:12 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja
Default In L.A. - 500K march VS. immigration law

Immigration Demonstrations

Let me preface this by saying I am in favor of immigrants coming into our country - legally.
Whats your opinons on this? I couldnt believe the News when I saw the pictures of the hundreds of thousands
of Demonstrators in Los Angeles. The Hispanic (majority) community seems so adamant about stopping legislation
on this immigration policy.

It would (a few key points):
*Make being an illeagal immigrant a Felony
*Enforce penalties on Employers that hired illeagals
*Erect fences along 1/3 of the US / Mexican border

ALL GREAT Ideas IMO

I thought the allready immigration laws in place. I thought it was illeagal to be here w/ out immigration status.
I think this is a good step toward securing & better controlling our borders.
Many other countries (including Mexico BTW) has this right & does so - why cant we? (US)

My Uncles & Aunts, and Parents migrated here from the Phillippines, but had to wait for immigration status.
Along with the many other various immigrants who came over & helped build this country.

I just see such an importance in leagal status & acclimation to this great country...
employer shouldnt be able to hire 50 workers that are willing to work for rediculous substandard wages,
and not getting taxed on that wage - which BTW is taking away a job from an honest citizen willing to work.

whew - thats more than enough for a first post - sorry a lil long winded...

Old 03-26-2006, 07:31 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: In L.A. - 500K march VS. immigration law

Makes sense to me... get those people making more money, and paying taxes... taxes that can fund that war you guys have got going on...
It just seems crazy that they are fighting to remain "illegal" immigrants... I mean, it's already illegal, and they do it... make it a felony, and it will deter people from coming. I guess that is where the problem lies... in that it will indeed deter people from immigrating. Hmm... I still think it is something that they should crack down on... the article mentioned that by doing nothing it is forcing them to be a "permanent underclass" -- that seems accurate... By forcing them to gain legal status, they are also promising those that do achieve legal status a better life... their families, too.

Old 03-26-2006, 09:26 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja

Great point...
Achieve legal status, gain a better life, what more could u want if you are coming here to live the American dream?
If thats why your'e coming here. If your'e coming here to just make some $ & send it back home to Mexico to perpetuate the cycle -
that cash isnt being circulated back into our economy...to an extent.
Am I crazy to think that its rediculous you can live here(In southern California any wayz) and not have
to ever, or ever be expected to speak a lick of english??? Worse comes to worse - their 8 year old kid translates.

Old 03-26-2006, 09:48 PM
Administrator

i think there protest is stupid

on a lighter and better note my mom is getting sworn in to be a citizen next month

Old 03-26-2006, 10:03 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja

sweeeet!
[sm=americanasmiley.gif]