Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
Awesome, a very good tire and bargain
38.46%
Decent, good for the money
23.08%
Ehhh... they work...
30.77%
Awful
7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Kuhmo Tires?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 01:25 AM
2nd Gear
Default Kuhmo Tires?

Ok here is the poll. Yay or nay for Kuhmo tires? Noisy? Good life? I can get a good deal on some KH711's, so i am curious....

Old 05-30-2007, 10:59 AM
Default RE: Kuhmo Tires?

I know people that have had kumho tires before and they didn't come even close their rated mileage. I'm pretty sure they were good about checking tire pressure and all that, but thats the only thing I've ever heard about them. Hope that helps...just my .02

Old 05-30-2007, 12:09 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: QuattroChucko

I know people that have had kumho tires before and they didn't come even close their rated mileage. I'm pretty sure they were good about checking tire pressure and all that, but thats the only thing I've ever heard about them. Hope that helps...just my .02
That's something else that I heard... as well as horrible road noise once they've started to wear.

Old 05-30-2007, 03:18 PM
1st Gear

most of my tires have been Kumhos for several years. I used one of thier super cheap tires on my rabbit (I think it was <$40 at tire rack) I would buy 2 each fall, and rotate last seasons to the back. It made winter driving fun. I have SPTs as summer tires on my car now. They were cheap, they have very good dry grip, excelent wet grip, and I even drove them through Franconia Notch while it was snowing (wasnt sticking, but it should have been too cold for summer compound to work right), and i didnt even get a wiggle. I love my R700s. Incredible grip on dirt, but short life if your stupid enough to drive on them daily (lasted about 3 months for me). plus they have the sluttiest Tire Girls

[IMG]local://upfiles/36160/E72C4AEE72C84EAC9316936DA80045B4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-30-2007, 03:23 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

I don't have Kumho tires and I want to commit suicide every day because of it. Lotsa people like them because they are cheap and functional. Tires wear, and get sh*tty when they do. It's part of life. But, with a Kumho, at least you didn't just spend $190 on a tire that wasn't worth it. You probably spent $70-80.

Old 05-30-2007, 09:49 PM
3rd Gear

im happy with my SPT's...run in the summer...

--E

Old 05-31-2007, 01:17 AM
4th Gear

crap but the work for what their worth, i got some for my S4 rims and their starting to bald just after 3000 miles and 1 AWD launch, also they suck in the snow, i was so embarassed i got a quattro stuck in the snow, in the wet i would ofter spin all 4s in the wet and could drift the car on some dry pavement, if you spend something like 250 per tire those are good but kuhmo ecsta suck @$$. best save your money and get something better.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:45 AM
dan
2nd Gear

Not to sound like an *** or anything but IMO Tires are one of the most important part of the car you do NOT what to skimp on. Remember these things are the key to good handling, keeping you on the road and your car in one peice. Like most things, you get what you pay for.

I had All season khumo tires on my winter wheels when i picked them up used, they never felt as solid as my eagle F1's, Pzeros or any of the other good tires I've run on this car. Yes, All season vs UHP(someone was gonna say it!), but I've run other high quality All seasons and the khumos just didnt cut it, they were off the car as soon as the tire rack order shipped .

Old 05-31-2007, 12:38 PM
2nd Gear

I have the ecsta asx and I like them but I don't have anything to compare it with.
I would like to drive the same car with a different set to compare.
Does anybody let you do that when buying tires?

Old 05-31-2007, 10:29 PM
2nd Gear

a lot depends on your driving ... i had a set lasted well and the ride was doog enouh, nothing to complain about ..... but for them to work good on a 2.7T you'll most likely need to drive like a grandma

Quick Reply: Kuhmo Tires?