Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

is it just me, or does poor grammar bother anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 02:30 PM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: is it just me, or does poor grammar bother anyone else?

ESL?!?!?!?

Old 11-20-2007, 03:37 PM
4th Gear

^^Holy grammar police, Batman![:@]

Old 11-20-2007, 03:41 PM

hehe nothing bothers me lol

Old 11-26-2007, 02:37 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: CAB509

I didn't realize it at first, but what's really creepy about the pic is how closelythat catresembles a painting done in 1917, in the breed of cat and in it's pose and facial expression.

Way back then, there was a guy, Louis Wain, who painted cats. Well, he painted pictures of cats, he didn't actually paint cats. That would have been just weird. Anyway, at age 57, he developed schizophrenia. What is fascinating is that he continued to paint pictures of cats, the result being that the average person could literally SEE what schizophrenia does to the mind, see the same things that some schizophrenics can see. His paintings went from cats that looked completely normal, to cats that looked like a bad peyote trip, to things that didn't look like cats at all. The particular painting which resembles this cat is one of the earliest after the onset of his schizophrenia.

Check out this page to see more of his paintings and get a glimpse of what schizophrenia really does to your mind.

http://www.cerebromente.org.br/galle...rdo/fig1-a.htm

Old 11-26-2007, 10:23 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: David

ORIGINAL: Amze

ORIGINAL: David

Hey guys, let's all reply to a grammar complaint thread and spell bad on purpose as a funny and original joke that hasn't been done before.

edit: Oh nevermind, looks like we got it covered already.

Hey everybody, lets point out what we're doing and be a dbag and ruin all the fun.

Edit: Oh my fault, someone already did it.
Wow, that, too, was a creative, original, and humorous statement that you just made! What WILL you think of next? Perhaps a mom joke, such as, "Does your mommy tell you she's proud of how creative you are with your little jokes on the internet?"
Or will you keep it simple and call me gay?
I'll go simple.

David...Youre gay.

Old 11-26-2007, 10:26 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: SilverSeven

The problem isn't the way people write, the problem is that people get offended when their writing influences people's opinions of them. Well, you made the bed. . . If you're going to write like an idiot, don't get offended when people view you as an idiot. If you can't take the time to write "you" instead of "u", don't be surprized when people think you're lazy. If what you write looks like a joke, expect people to not take you seriously. I have no issues with people who use webslang or colloquialisms while chatting it OT or just having fun, but if you're going to write on a serious subject and want to be taken seriously, present yourself seriously, because if you seem ambivalent about the way you write things, I'll respond in kind and be pretty ambivalent about what you have to say.
I agree.

I don't see what the big deal is.. pressing an extra key or two to type a word correctly won't kill ya. For the most part, I try to type decent-ly.. But I definitely make mistakes, and if its a serious conversation and you want your point to be valued. Then typing correctly is the first step to earning that respect, because otherwise you look like an idiot. In my opinon

Old 11-27-2007, 01:44 AM
1st Gear

...otherwise you look like an idiot. In my opinon
Kind of like when you call people gay on the internet?

Old 11-27-2007, 01:51 AM
6th Gear

ORIGINAL: SilverSeven

ORIGINAL: CAB509

I didn't realize it at first, but what's really creepy about the pic is how closely that cat resembles a painting done in 1917, in the breed of cat and in it's pose and facial expression.

Way back then, there was a guy, Louis Wain, who painted cats. Well, he painted pictures of cats, he didn't actually paint cats. That would have been just weird. Anyway, at age 57, he developed schizophrenia. What is fascinating is that he continued to paint pictures of cats, the result being that the average person could literally SEE what schizophrenia does to the mind, see the same things that some schizophrenics can see. His paintings went from cats that looked completely normal, to cats that looked like a bad peyote trip, to things that didn't look like cats at all. The particular painting which resembles this cat is one of the earliest after the onset of his schizophrenia.

Check out this page to see more of his paintings and get a glimpse of what schizophrenia really does to your mind.

http://www.cerebromente.org.br/galle...rdo/fig1-a.htm

wow and to think I was just trying to be funny and post a lolcat....

quote:

...otherwise you look like an idiot. In my opinon

Kind of like when you call people gay on the internet?
you two, for are amusement could you please take this verbal barrage into the proper thread to do so

ie
Let get it on in the E-Fight thread...

Old 11-28-2007, 04:23 AM
1st Gear

Can everyone please stop using 's for things that aren't possessive? It looks really stupid when people write things like "my turbo's need to cool down after i make the rev's in my cylinder's".

Old 11-28-2007, 08:28 AM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

my turbo's need to cool down after i make the rev's in my cylinder's.

i thot this thread wuz about grammer.
i'm a pour speller, but i think my grammer is pretty well.

Quick Reply: is it just me, or does poor grammar bother anyone else?