Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Just got out of surgery!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 07:38 PM
18T
4th Gear
Default Just got out of surgery!

Well thursday night i had pains in my stomach area and then friday morning it got really worse to the point where i couldnt stand on my feet . went to my doctor to see whats up and she told me to get CBC tested to see if the white blood cell count was high. The doc said shell call me within 2-3 hours when the results come. 30 min after i left the office she calls me and tells me to get my *** to emergency. so i got there and an hour later the surgery began. i dont remember much but i can tell you that was the best hour of sleep in my life. the anastesia was really good lol. And as you already might have guessed it was my Apendix. now im apendix free. it was the most horrible pain ive ever felt for that 24hr period before my operation. The surgeon said if i had not come when i came in the ER that it would have ruptured in me. So i spend the night there and it was all good. btw the food is horrible and i can barely walk.

glad to be back, and i cant wait till i can drive my baby hehe . This was my first operation btw, now im on vikadin (Sp?)

Old 02-25-2006, 07:39 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Just got out of surgery!

congrats on your good timing.. its amazing how little decisions in our life make such drastic changes.. I wish you a speedy recovery

Old 02-25-2006, 07:42 PM
18T
4th Gear

Thanks bro. Yep i was thinking about that this morning when i woke up. Good timing, could have been alot worse.

Old 02-25-2006, 07:44 PM
Administrator

speaking of good timing.. or fate.. Seth Macfarlane, the creator of the Family Guy, usually misses his plane.. well one day he missed his plane, and thankgod he did.. it was the first plane to hit the tower.. odd how things in life work. Kinda reminds me of that final destination movie..

Old 02-25-2006, 07:45 PM
3rd Gear

Glad to hear you're ok. Have fun with the vikadin, LOL.

Old 02-25-2006, 07:50 PM
18T
4th Gear

lol took some vikadin already, nothing happend. i dont know why. they gave me morphein (sp?) last night, that dindt help me either!! only thing that helped me was the anastesia and a really painfull pain killer shot to the shoulder. muscle still hurts lol.

Old 02-25-2006, 08:27 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: Redgoat

speaking of good timing.. or fate.. Seth Macfarlane, the creator of the Family Guy, usually misses his plane.. well one day he missed his plane, and thankgod he did.. it was the first plane to hit the tower.. odd how things in life work. Kinda reminds me of that final destination movie..
I was supposed to be "team-lead" for a group of tech doing network surveys at the Pentagon, that morning, but, the lady who was responsible to doing my VAL never got around to doing it. So, I couldn't start, that day. So, my team of 12 techs, who wudda be AT WORK in teh section that was teh point of impact, E-ring, were chillin at teh food court, instead!

One piece of paperwork... One administrative "dropped-the-ball"... One woman who didn't take her responsibilities seriously, SAVED 13 lives, that day, and I never got around to thanking her for screwing up...

Old 02-25-2006, 08:42 PM

ahhh I see its like one lazy sod stayed in bed missed a flight that crashed and killed many, the lazy sod is still a lazy sod now sleeps longer and doesnt fly any more in case it alters the sleep pattern

Old 02-25-2006, 08:49 PM

I had an operation once and very painful it was 16 hours they worked only to find my wallet was empty glad your ok 18t

Old 02-25-2006, 08:51 PM
3rd Gear

Glad to hear it went ok. I love being put to sleep. It's so relaxing. LOL.

Quick Reply: Just got out of surgery!