Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Just got an insurance quote.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 04:03 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Just got an insurance quote.

ORIGINAL: socalaudi

Dont blame me because your getting raped. Look around for a different insurance. I have 6 points on my record and I pay $1680 a year for full coverage on a 2001 a4 2.8lQ. And Im only 22. You should look around not cry on the forums about how its everyone elses fault that your getting f*cked.
Guess what you jackass, you getting so many points is PROOF to insurance companies that our age group is wreckless, thanks alot dipsh*t. I'm from New York.

Old 03-10-2006, 05:08 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: KiloByte
I'm from New York.
NYC or just NY?

Old 03-10-2006, 05:17 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Raddue

I'm from New York.
NYC or just NY?

Long Island to be precise.

Old 03-10-2006, 05:39 PM
1st Gear

I'm from New York.
NYC or just NY?

Well there ya go.

Old 03-10-2006, 07:57 PM

How can u justify urself. Its all abour ur choices also. And its not based on just accidents, its mainly on tickets. B/c the insurance sees ppl wit tickets as more dangerous on the road, and therefore more likely to be in an accident. U kno, wat blame who ever u want but ur still gonna have to live with that price of get off ur lazy *** and get more quotes. Try progressive.com, but u also live in NY,Long Island, which will cuase higher rates also. I mean how come women who are involved in more accidents get their insurcance drop at 19 and pay less overall. Its b/c women are less wreckless in cars.

Old 03-10-2006, 07:57 PM
2nd Gear

I'm from New York.
NYC or just NY?

Well there ya go.

COMON! A few of these people are from California, are you telling me its really that much cheaper there?

Old 03-10-2006, 08:07 PM
1st Gear

It depends on where in California. Your rates and "risk factors" are increased based on the number of claims and accidents reported in a certain zip code. I'm going to get on the phone with my agent and for ***** and giggles, see how much my premium would increase if I moved to Long Island (I'm gonna be using zip code 10033 for this little test). I'll let you know what I find.

Old 03-10-2006, 08:09 PM

depends where in CA, insurance ppl know that here in Orange County, there are not many car thefts and if there were they wouldnt target my car. It also dpends on ur car's engine, a 2.8 is cheaper than a 1.8T (in my case 35 cheaper), year of car etc... there are over a 100 reasons why u got the quote u did.

Old 03-10-2006, 08:20 PM
2nd Gear

Thats fine then, anything else?

Old 03-10-2006, 08:43 PM
1st Gear

Alright, after getting off of the phone with my agent, he couldn't give me the information because the company I go through isn't in New York, therefore he had no information for me.

I went to Geico (since that's who you went through) and was told that I'd have to pay $1,321.40 for six months if I went through them. I'm 21 years old with two speeding tickets. If I use 10033 as my zip code I would have to pay $1,910.80 every six months, almost $600 difference. That's pretty huge.

So the question is... what are you not telling us that would make your premium for six months almost twice what mine is?

Quick Reply: Just got an insurance quote.