Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Just got an insurance quote.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 12:09 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Just got an insurance quote.

How is it possible for you to blame drivers under the age of 25 for your ridiculously high insurance quote?? I'm sure you know the different variables involved in determing an individuals insurance premium. Luckily I'm well over 25 and not a bit concerned about my premium, which is alot cheaper than those addressing this thread. Maybe you should take Bluovals advice with the addition of aquiring a spouse, then I'm sure you'll receive better quotes.
ORIGINAL: KiloByte

Well I was over at Geico.com checking for an insurance quote and that little green bastard wants approx $5,600 for 1 YEAR of insurance. I rember reading another thread where a guy who works for an insurance company was insuring some guy's 4 (FOUR) exotic cars including a 2006 Bugatti Veryon for less $10,000 a year. $2,000 a YEAR for a ******* car worth $1,300,000 while I'm stuck paying more than double that for a 02-03 1.8t worth $25,000 max!!!! Mind you this is with driver's ed deductions and all optional deductables set at 0!!!!!! I'm sure that guy had very high deductables for his cars as well. Id just like to extend a very big FFFF UUUU CCCC KKKK YOU to everyone under 25 who has caused an accident. Its thanks to wreckless morons like you who can't drive for **** that get into accidents forcing ME to pay more.

BULLSH*T!

Old 03-09-2006, 07:44 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Suite3.0A4

How is it possible for you to blame drivers under the age of 25 for your ridiculously high insurance quote?? I'm sure you know the different variables involved in determing an individuals insurance premium. Luckily I'm well over 25 and not a bit concerned about my premium, which is alot cheaper than those addressing this thread. Maybe you should take Bluovals advice with the addition of aquiring a spouse, then I'm sure you'll receive better quotes.

Well I was over at Geico.com checking for an insurance quote and that little green bastard wants approx $5,600 for 1 YEAR of insurance. I rember reading another thread where a guy who works for an insurance company was insuring some guy's 4 (FOUR) exotic cars including a 2006 Bugatti Veryon for less $10,000 a year. $2,000 a YEAR for a ******* car worth $1,300,000 while I'm stuck paying more than double that for a 02-03 1.8t worth $25,000 max!!!! Mind you this is with driver's ed deductions and all optional deductables set at 0!!!!!! I'm sure that guy had very high deductables for his cars as well. Id just like to extend a very big FFFF UUUU CCCC KKKK YOU to everyone under 25 who has caused an accident. Its thanks to wreckless morons like you who can't drive for **** that get into accidents forcing ME to pay more.

BULLSH*T!
I can't believe why you guys don't understand my rage with drivers under 25. Insurance companies base their prices on statistics. Therefore if a certain age group statistically gets into more accidents they will charge more. If people would stop driving like idiots everyone would win and we wouldn't have to pay more.

bluovalguy Why do I have to move or get a cheaper car? I wasn't the idiot that caused this sh*t so why do I have to suffer? Its not fair so yes my F*CK YOU (to those drivers) stands.

Old 03-09-2006, 08:02 PM
5th Gear

I've got your back on this one KiloByte... obviousy rates are statistics driven... and statistically speaking, males under 25 like to wreck cars... hell, 90% of my friends drive like morons... I've been there a few times! Never wrecked a car though, or even got into an at fault accident... but yeah, may young kids drive beyond their limits... and beacuse of them, our rates are high.
I mean they only ask you so many questions... for those of you who say you can't blame the fact that you're under 25... do this:
Go to an online quoter... fill out all the info... and then adjust it to reflect your age as both 20, and then again at age 40. Leave all other variables the same... and then shut up! Haha :P

Old 03-09-2006, 09:46 PM
6th Gear

Ahhh it's so good to have low car insurance ($1000 a year). Even when I was 19 with two speeding tickets it was only 1700 for full coverage a year.

Old 03-09-2006, 10:27 PM
2nd Gear

Hey Kilobyte how old are you and where do you live?

Old 03-09-2006, 10:30 PM
3rd Gear

BULLSH*T!

I'm the guy who was talking about the exotic cars. You have to look at the whole policy. When you are paying to insure multiple million dollar homes and a butt load of liability and valuable articles coverage, the auto comes somewhat cheap. The guy was also a multi millionaire and much older. Chances are that he is not going to drive his Bugatti too often and if he were to wreck it, he is rich enough to pay for it himself without reporting it. People don't want it on their record. The higher the deductible, the lower the premium also.

I do agree about the age. Most of the claims and violations I see on policies are from the homeowners kids. Parents don't regulate what their kids do anymore. They buy them high performance cars (Audis, etc.) and they let them go. Ofcourse they are going to wreck them and speed. I'm all for drivers under a certain age that get tickets or wreck to have their license taken away. I'm 25, never had a ticket or been in a wreck and my premiums are only good because I get a discount.

I recommend that you try searching around for the highest deductibles you can find. That will make it more affordable.

Old 03-10-2006, 02:01 AM

hahaha ull hate this, i have 2 accidents (a fender bender got into some disputes and insurance had to sort out the auto body shop that was commiting fraud and charging $5600 for 250 wort of damage) and no tickets. Im 17 and i pay (well parents) 1700/yr for full coverage and a $500 deductable and every option except rental car since i cant drive one anyways. Im sry ur getting ripped off, but i have good student discount, safety discount cause i took there stupid hr long class, and we have 4 cars with them but still. What city do u live in, if they have a high auto theft rate,now u know who to blam.
I think u retarded for blaming kids for having high insurance, besides being under 25 and male everything else is on u. Why dont u blam all guys with speeding tickets and anyone under 25 with an accident. Thats just how the world works. Get over it, and try and change it. Dont blam others for ur problems.

Old 03-10-2006, 02:07 AM
2nd Gear

This is where being old and married has it's advantage. Since i'm 30, we pay about 280 a month for full coverage on the Audi, Jeep, The Olds, motorcycle and the boat. So 3360 a year.

Old 03-10-2006, 09:57 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Suite3.0A4

BULLSH*T!
I can't believe why you guys don't understand my rage with drivers under 25. Insurance companies base their prices on statistics. Therefore if a certain age group statistically gets into more accidents they will charge more. If people would stop driving like idiots everyone would win and we wouldn't have to pay more.

bluovalguy Why do I have to move or get a cheaper car? I wasn't the idiot that caused this sh*t so why do I have to suffer? Its not fair so yes my F*CK YOU (to those drivers) stands.
I realize that you may not have been the idiot that caused it, but this is a forum of people who appreciate their cars, and the RESPONSIBILITY that comes with them. So if you come here using blasting everyone under 25 who has been involved in an accident, then what do you expect? They are called accidents for a reason (the exception may be APG ). And I wasnt trying to be sh1tty about you moving, but if you live in a place that has more of the idiots, then you are gonna pay more for it. Likewise, if you drive a car that is more expensive to fix, you are gonna pay for it.

And I am not taking offense to your thoughts, I am over 25 like alot of people here. But we all have been where you are and all felt what you are feeling.

Old 03-10-2006, 03:27 PM
1st Gear

Having your deductibles set at zero will drive your rates up ALOT. Try setting the deductible for like 500 or something and see where they're at then. I'm guessing they'll still be way to much because that's an outrageous price, but I'm sure you can find something better elsewhere.

Quick Reply: Just got an insurance quote.