Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

just cleaned my 4 floor mats and WOW

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 07:39 PM
2nd Gear
Default just cleaned my 4 floor mats and WOW

So lately I have been noticing that the inside of my car was not smelling fresh. The car is subject to lots of concerts etc so hundreds of cigarettes have been smoked in it and many drinks (nonalcoholic of course)spilled thanks to careless friends. I finally decided to hit the floor mats with a wet vac. I have a Bissell spotbot that has a hand attachment, used the #2 solution with oxyclean. Took about 1.5 hours to do a good thorough job on just the mats, this included dry vacuuming first. The floor mats look brand new, the car has never smelled better. The water that was sucked up into the collection tank was amazingly filthy, pitch black. This shocked me because I wash the car every week and clean the inside every other week. Needless to say no more eating/drinking/smoking in my audi. If you ever want a good tool to clean your carpets in your Audi buy the bissell spot bot, it's great if you have pets prone to accidents as well because it auto cleans carpets. I'm sure there is something better/cheaper out there if you look , spotbot is about 120, I just used what I had laying around.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:42 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: just cleaned my 4 floor mats and WOW

it always makes me cry a little bit inside when i see people smoking in nice luxury or sports cars[&:]

Old 05-20-2008, 07:43 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: Notahondaowner

So lately I have been noticing that the inside of my car was not smelling fresh. The car is subject to lots of concerts etc so hundreds of cigarettes have been smoked in it and many drinks (nonalcoholic of course)spilled thanks to careless friends. I finally decided to hit the floor mats with a wet vac. I have a Bissell spotbot that has a hand attachment, used the #2 solution with oxyclean. Took about 1.5 hours to do a good thorough job on just the mats, this included dry vacuuming first. The floor mats look brand new, the car has never smelled better. The water that was sucked up into the collection tank was amazingly filthy, pitch black. This shocked me because I wash the car every week and clean the inside every other week. Needless to say no more eating/drinking/smoking in my audi. If you ever want a good tool to clean your carpets in your Audi buy the bissell spot bot, it's great if you have pets prone to accidents as well because it auto cleans carpets. I'm sure there is something better/cheaper out there if you look , spotbot is about 120, I just used what I had laying around.
Good idea. I usually just beat the dust out of mine....If you smoke in your car like me, you should try wiping the interior windshield down with a rag. There is a nice layer of film created by the smoke[:@]

Old 05-20-2008, 08:42 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Don't let Amze hear that you cleaned your floor mats or he'll probably tell you that you're gay or something.

I did the same but I spilled some car soap on one of the rear ones and my car smells like a car wash now!

Old 05-20-2008, 08:43 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: 01A4T

So lately I have been noticing that the inside of my car was not smelling fresh. The car is subject to lots of concerts etc so hundreds of cigarettes have been smoked in it and many drinks (nonalcoholic of course) spilled thanks to careless friends. I finally decided to hit the floor mats with a wet vac. I have a Bissell spotbot that has a hand attachment, used the #2 solution with oxyclean. Took about 1.5 hours to do a good thorough job on just the mats, this included dry vacuuming first. The floor mats look brand new, the car has never smelled better. The water that was sucked up into the collection tank was amazingly filthy, pitch black. This shocked me because I wash the car every week and clean the inside every other week. Needless to say no more eating/drinking/smoking in my audi. If you ever want a good tool to clean your carpets in your Audi buy the bissell spot bot, it's great if you have pets prone to accidents as well because it auto cleans carpets. I'm sure there is something better/cheaper out there if you look , spotbot is about 120, I just used what I had laying around.
Good idea. I usually just beat the dust out of mine....If you smoke in your car like me, you should try wiping the interior windshield down with a rag. There is a nice layer of film created by the smoke[:@]
[:'(]

Why would you do that to your car????

Josh

Old 05-20-2008, 09:09 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: CLX

Don't let Amze hear that you cleaned your floor mats or he'll probably tell you that you're gay or something.

I did the same but I spilled some car soap on one of the rear ones and my car smells like a car wash now!
Yep, I puke in mine on a regular basis, clean cars is fairy p*ssy sh*t.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:19 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

lol

Old 05-20-2008, 11:27 PM
2nd Gear

its not like cigarettes kill people, whats the big deal?

I did find a burn in one of my floor mats so smoking in my car is DONESKIES permanent.

Old 05-21-2008, 12:41 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: ThePaintballGuy

[:'(]

Why would you do that to your car????

Josh

I do "that" to my car because it's MY car............people have opinions, and they are welcome to them. But anyway, who cares what people do in their own cars?

Old 05-21-2008, 12:49 AM
4th Gear

I do "that" to my car because it's MY car............people have opinions, and they are welcome to them. But anyway, who cares what people do in their own cars?
I agree with that statement, i occasionally have a cigar in mine.

Quick Reply: just cleaned my 4 floor mats and WOW