Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Just applied for a sponsorship!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 02:56 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Just applied for a sponsorship!

im glad to hear that worked out for you! there is a member of a different site that joined soemthing like this a while ago, and has stayed with the same sponsers for a few years now, and this year he got sparco seats for free...the only thing he said that he is required to take his car to certain shows in hsi area. i dont know him personally, but he listed other things that he could have gotten, such as performance parts, but his car is evidently a pure-show car...for lack of a better term..a "ricer"...

Old 04-03-2005, 04:47 PM
2nd Gear

Yup, just decals no money. BUTTT... I worked out a custom deal (they give you a pre-assigned package) to get subtle decals of all companies on my car done on lower part of all door sills. I'm contemplating the BLAUPUNKT quasi deal... about 750 for indash monitor and 200 for each headrest- don't know if I'm gonna do it.

Old 04-04-2005, 01:38 AM
4th Gear

hm random

Old 04-04-2005, 12:24 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Fieldy

Yup, just decals no money. BUTTT... I worked out a custom deal (they give you a pre-assigned package) to get subtle decals of all companies on my car done on lower part of all door sills. I'm contemplating the BLAUPUNKT quasi deal... about 750 for indash monitor and 200 for each headrest- don't know if I'm gonna do it.
so basically you're advertising for them for free?

Old 04-05-2005, 07:18 PM
2nd Gear

Yes I am- but I was gonna do decals regardless on lower door sills so I got those for free. But the cool thing is: I talked with my autoshop and offered them a custom decal on my car in exchange for discounted fee on installation of everything I do. They went for it. So thats already a really good bonus.

Old 04-06-2005, 01:51 AM
1st Gear

Did you have to pay an application fee?

I am just wondering because on the site (unless you used another) it says:

We award FULLSponsorships! We never claim to get you full sponsored and make you pay for products at a reduced price...

What does a FULL Sponsorship mean? If you receive a sponsorship from us you will never ever pay for any products, shipping or any other costs associated with your full sponsorship. We provide 100% sponsorships only...nothing less. We DON'T issue discount sponsorships. We believe that a true sponsorship is one that actually benefits you and not makes you have to pay for discounted products.
So I'm just wondering if they are just taking your application fee and sending you decals or what...

Thanks for keeping us updated

Old 04-06-2005, 11:00 PM
2nd Gear

Yup, the site immediately takes its 89 dollar fee. But if you plan on getting more than 89 dollars in decals then its a even deal. Plus you can put up a sponsorship in your car resume if thats the road you wanna take. PM if you have any more questions As soon as decals are on, I'll post pics.

Old 04-26-2005, 05:59 PM
2nd Gear

Just got my custom decals about 2 weeks after ordering (about 130 dollars worth of). I'm gonna hopefully get a friend to completely rewax the car this weekend and put those suckers on. When all is said and done, it should look tasteful.

Old 04-26-2005, 06:54 PM
4th Gear

lol... can u snag me some decals?

Old 04-26-2005, 08:10 PM
5th Gear

whoa whoa, why would you wax the car, then apply decals? DURR wax isnt permanent, you want your decals on a clean surface, that isnt going anywhere... in this case, clearcoat. A decal on wax, wont last. Course, I hate decals... stickers belong on the top of your grade 2 math test.... not on an audi.

Quick Reply: Just applied for a sponsorship!