Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Its Official... I hate my Audi

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 02:50 AM
4th Gear
Angry Its Official... I hate my Audi

Yup! I am pissed to no end at it right now... in the last 3 months it has been broken down for one reason or another more than it has been drivable. And no i have not been driving the crap out of it. I have been taking it easy and only open it up every so often. It's always properly cooled down when it's run hard and it gets new oil every 5k miles. But i swear if i fix it again and it breaks one more time in the near future i am going to take it and put it down with a shot-gun or something like that.

You all heard about the stupid timing belt tensioner incident... well i fixed that last wednesday night. After i fixed it i drove it around for a little over 30 min and absolutely NOTHING was wrong. It drove great. No leaks of any kind and all was well... So thursday i decided to take it to work since i hadn't driven it that much. On my way to work i turned a corner and happened to look out my rear-view mirror. All i saw was a huge white smoke screen (like i could barely see through it). I knew it was coolant burning off and my first thought was a blown headgasket or turbo/turbos. So i pulled into a shucks parking lot that was about a block up the road and as soon as i stopped i saw it all coming from the hood... first thought was good, it's not a headgasket or turbo... second thought... crap now what... I opened the hood to see coolant sprayed all over the inside. At first glance it looked like maybe one of the radiator hoses had come loose so i check them and they all seemed fine (the top one was a little loose so i pushed it back in and decided it is probably fixed (there was no signs of a leak anywhere else at this point)) so i topped off the coolant with some water and started driving again... made it about 1/4 of a mile and all the smoke was back. So i stopped again and realized that I have a hole in my radiator... I tore the front of the car off again today and found it... it's right smack dab in the middle of the radiator... HOW THE HECK DID THAT HAPPEN?!!?!?!?!?!?!

So now i get to take the radiator off the car... which sucks because my transmission oil lines run through it which means i will have to drain that... and in my car you have to add the tranny oil just right (like monitor the temp of the tranny while filling it up and all this crap). So needless to say.... I AM PISSED!!!!!!!!!

Done With Rant... For Now.

Josh

Old 12-10-2008, 03:11 AM
2nd Gear

ill trade you a reliable 99.5 1.8t with 180k miles.........straight up.....

LOL

Old 12-10-2008, 07:21 AM
5th Gear

you know it has been the same with my car except my problems have usually been still drivable. i figure since my car's got over 120k and i drive it kinda hard, i don't blame it, plus i'd rather fix my car and drive it again rather than buy a different car. i love this thing too much lol

Old 12-10-2008, 09:13 AM
4th Gear

josh i am right there with you... started with to what i thought was coolant leak that magically went away, then i had a boost leak, that took me 2 months to find. on once i fixed that last week, my transmission main seal blows.. i feel like i bought a lemon.. my dad says its a great car. i keep telling him its a pos and i hate it, once its fixed i want it gone.. and im seriously looking for new cars already. and i think i only looked at 2 audis so far.... i know i had a bad experience with my first. i mean i loved my car. the way it looked, drove, and everyone else loved it too... but if i get another one it has to be manual with way less miles than what i got.. so that would probly be a B6 or B7.
and i also listed it in the classifieds

yep so /rant and im taking my car to the dealer to get fixed today >_<

Old 12-10-2008, 09:28 AM
6th Gear

Wow josh, it sounds almost that a BAT A4 would be more reliable than your S4 right now.

That kinda sucks the big one that it's broken so often right now.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:59 AM
4th Gear

Yeah the even more sucky part is it doesn't even have that many miles. I just turned 85K on it.

Josh

Old 12-10-2008, 12:41 PM
Administrator

That totally blows.

I'm sorry Josh but this is kind of expected from the B5 S4. One reason why I actually stayed away from it and still have the B5 A4.

Hopefully the problem will stop coming though.

Old 12-10-2008, 01:34 PM
Tech Guru

Ride it out bro, ride it out. My 2.8 broke a whole bunch of times right after I got it. I ended up putting in complete new back brakes, one outer tie rod end, two wheel bearings (late found out they were replaced once already about a year ago), and a new fuel filter. Total came to the tune of about $2000 and I already had paid $7650 for the car. After I got all that **** replaced I haven't had another major problem yet (knock on wood).

Old 12-10-2008, 06:25 PM
4th Gear

right before i bought my car the previous owner put 3300$ of service into it.. new headlight washers (which dont work), new radiator fan, tie rods, transmission seal, front rotors and brakes, and a tune up..

and if the main seal on the tranny went again 5k miles later... wtf is wrong with these transmissions?

Old 12-10-2008, 09:29 PM
Tech Guru

^ My tranny is just fine.

Quick Reply: Its Official... I hate my Audi