Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

It's Official: Ft. Fcukin' Hood, TX.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 08:40 AM
4th Gear

About 2 hours to Dallas I believe... Funny, the first thing that crossed my mind when I found out I was going was " I know there has to be some members down in that area."

Old 05-16-2011, 07:54 PM
4th Gear

Well, it's all but official now. The contract is in the works, we're just waiting for the financing to go through, and we're off to closing. We found a great 2 story, 3,000 sq. ft. house for a touch under 200K, right in my price range.

Once we get back down to TX, and get situated, I'll take some pics of the new pad.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:37 PM
5th Gear

wow 3000 sq ft. that's effing huge dude. does it have a wrap around porch : ). i love me a house with a giant porch. wish i could buy me a house right now : (

Old 05-16-2011, 08:47 PM
4th Gear

we were looking at around 2,200-2,500 sq. ft., but it actually seemed too small with my 3 boys. Now, they will each have their own room, a separate gaming/ movie lounge upstairs, formal dining and living room, and informal living room downstairs, and a completely remodeled and updated kitchen...

The huge porch is the 2nd on the list of things to do, closely tied in with the first thing to do, landscape the back yard... It's an irregular shaped yard, a triangle really, longer than it is wide, with a huge tree in the back. The whole thing is slightly on an incline, so the wife wants it flattened somewhat, and the deck will follow soon thereafter...

And yes, 3000 sq. ft. is freakin' huge!

Old 05-16-2011, 08:54 PM
6th Gear

good find , can't wait for pics.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:34 PM
4th Gear

built in '96, and I'm getting it for about 65 bucks a square foot!

Old 06-12-2011, 10:53 AM
4th Gear

A quick update, since I know you all are anxiously awaiting pics and stuff. A VA appraiser came out to the house a couple weeks back and appraised the house at $4K less than the agreed upon price, AND some siding needed to be replaced before the lender would approve the loan. The seller agreed to lower the price (they didn't really have a choice) and fix the siding. So far, so good for me. They hired a guy that is apparently taking his sweet *** time. He started the job over a week ago, and said he would be done by Thursday of Friday (a couple days ago). Now he's saying Monday. The appraiser has to go back out an verify work has been completed, then the entire mortgage and stuff goes to some state attorney for a quick once over (24-48 hours). We were supposed to be closing on of before the 15th. Now we're lucky if it's by the 17th. All I know is that it's costing me 100 bucks A DAY for this hotel. The army will reimburse me up to 10 days... If it wasn't for these repairs, we probably would be in the house already!

Either way, it's a pain in the ***. We're all cooped up in this hotel room, running out of options and ideas for meals (fast food and microwave meals are getting annoying), and pretty much ready to kill each other...

But, hopefully this week everything will come together, and I will get some pics posted up. Then, I go off to schooling for 5 months. When I get back, the "formal" dining/ living room is being converted into a man cave, with a pool table, poker table, flat screen with nothing but sports, and my PS3... Look for pics of that around Dec-Jan time frame!

Old 06-12-2011, 01:52 PM
5th Gear

Sounds pretty sweet. Good luck with it.
I can't even afford a $100K house... weak!

Old 06-14-2011, 08:35 PM
4th Gear

So, since we can't close until Thursday afternoon, and all my household belongings will be here tomorrow, and we can't stand living in a hotel anymore, the sellers are being nice enough to let us move in tomorrow. Technically we'll be "leasing" the house until we buy it...

Why didn't anyone mention this option a week ago?

Old 06-15-2011, 09:42 AM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

good luck.
sounds like the journey so far has been a PITA, but hopefully once you're settled in, it will be a nice home for you and your family.

Quick Reply: It's Official: Ft. Fcukin' Hood, TX.