Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

It's funny, because for all you know -- it's true.

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 08:43 PM
Default RE: It's funny, because for all you know -- it's true.

im not sure i dont remember that far back, i mean what was that in 2000? I would hvae been 12.

Old 10-29-2005, 08:46 PM
3rd Gear

You don't remember the Florida fiasco?

Old 10-29-2005, 09:21 PM
3rd Gear

I prefer cleanly shaved.

Old 10-29-2005, 09:32 PM
3rd Gear

So, out of all the negative opinions about our president, how many of them come from people who don't vote? That's always the best part. To know that people feel so strongly about something but they don't vote. LOL. Political conversations are such a no win battle. Why does anyone even bring it up?

Old 10-29-2005, 09:36 PM

Hey im 17 so i cant vote but i can tell u that i will for presidents at least.

Old 10-29-2005, 09:37 PM
3rd Gear

I don't vote, because I can't.. Not rocket science. (Although I did vote to get the Labour ******* out of Downing Street). You live in a democracy, as did I. Talk is good. Not talking is not good. When you don't talk, and people become disinterested in politics is when you get low turnout, and governments can pretty much do as they please, due to public apathy. There is a problem in the US at the moment, brought about by recent admisnistrations, in that anyone who does ask questions of the admin, or question what is happening is seen a un-patriotic. Utter tosh. Cary. If you have ANY interest in politics you would not want people not to talk. If, however, you saw your political party as a sort of club, where you all stuck up for each other, no matter what, then you have no idea what politics is all about.

Old 10-29-2005, 09:48 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: Toff_the_Toffee

I don't vote, because I can't.. Not rocket science. (Although I did vote to get the Labour ******* out of Downing Street). You live in a democracy, as did I. Talk is good. Not talking is not good. When you don't talk, and people become disinterested in politics is when you get low turnout, and governments can pretty much do as they please, due to public apathy. There is a problem in the US at the moment, brought about by recent admisnistrations, in that anyone who does ask questions of the admin, or question what is happening is seen a un-patriotic. Utter tosh. Cary. If you have ANY interest in politics you would not want people not to talk. If, however, you saw your political party as a sort of club, where you all stuck up for each other, no matter what, then you have no idea what politics is all about.

I really hate to bring this up Toff but this is what I went to school for and got a degree for... Political Science. So, to answer your question, I DO have an interest in politics. I've been extremely involved with the Republican party since I graduated. Didn't really want to bring it up but when someone decides to push the envelope and start poking at someone about what they are interested in and how they should want people to talk or not to talk, I have to speak up. If your in the US for work, that's great, but don't move to the US and then talk about the government like it's some kind of terrible monster. I have every idea what politics is all about.

Hey, just to throw another twist into this pointless coversation... George Bush was thrown into a storm of crap from our last great president that he followed. You know, the guy that everyone trusted and got caught sticking cigars in some nasty skank. LOL. This is hilarious. I could go on all day long.

Old 10-29-2005, 09:52 PM
4th Gear

"then you are a little less astute than you make out." What is meant by this? I know the war effects other places, rocket science?

Old 10-29-2005, 09:58 PM
3rd Gear

Ok. Who's up for stopping this conversation and getting some Natty Light and watchin' some wrastlin'? Yee Haw!

Old 10-29-2005, 10:01 PM
3rd Gear

Why bring it up? On the one hand we have Cary, who studied political science, who suggests we don't bother talking about it, and why do we even bother bringing it up. Thats sort of goes against the grain of democracy, and free speech for a start. On the other hand we have Audiboy, who doesn't know what astute means, and, as I am british, cannot vote in the US. (Not Rocket science means its not difficult).
I am more than happy to talk politics. I've travelled all over the world, and experienced places whose cultures are far beyond anything I would have just staying in the UK. cary states that as I am not a US citizen, I should not be permitted to talk about US politics. Well, unfortunately, Britain and the US are in the same bed via the Iraq farce.

On a side note, Clinto stuck tabs up his intern... Bush sends us to war on a pack of lies... Whats worse?

Quick Reply: It's funny, because for all you know -- it's true.