Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

It's funny, because for all you know -- it's true.

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 05:22 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: It's funny, because for all you know -- it's true.

ORIGINAL: Toff_the_Toffee

Unfortunately you will never know what Kerry would have done, as you all voted Bush back in.

Fortunately it doesnt concern you seeing as your on the other side of the pond, right?

Old 10-29-2005, 05:58 PM
Administrator

umm i think Toff now lives in NY

Old 10-29-2005, 06:01 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: audiboy1618

Unfortunately you will never know what Kerry would have done, as you all voted Bush back in.

Fortunately it doesnt concern you seeing as your on the other side of the pond, right?

LOL

Old 10-29-2005, 07:11 PM
5th Gear

It was just a joke... jeez. :P

Nobody is going to actually argue that Bush is an intelligent human being, are they? That'd be tricky.

Old 10-29-2005, 07:32 PM
3rd Gear

Ok. I didn't want to get into the political mess that usually forms every time someone brings this up. Everyone should get one thing straight. You can have your opinions about George Bush, that's what makes this country great. I don't like everything that he has done but it sounds pretty crazy when someone says that he's an idiot or whatever other names they can come up with. An idiot doesn't make it into the White House. It takes a pretty inteligent person to make it there and to be as succesful as the president. It wasn't one person that voted for him (twice!). This country voted for him and when they were talking about going to war, almost every person in this country was cheering for it and going crazy because they thought it would be a cake walk...

Just thought I would give my two cents. I don't totally like the guy but he is not a moron or an idiot. Everyone tends to look at the negative instead of the positive. It's what people are obsessed with.

Old 10-29-2005, 07:53 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: cary12

Ok. I didn't want to get into the political mess that usually forms every time someone brings this up. Everyone should get one thing straight. You can have your opinions about George Bush, that's what makes this country great. I don't like everything that he has done but it sounds pretty crazy when someone says that he's an idiot or whatever other names they can come up with. An idiot doesn't make it into the White House. It takes a pretty inteligent person to make it there and to be as succesful as the president. It wasn't one person that voted for him (twice!). This country voted for him and when they were talking about going to war, almost every person in this country was cheering for it and going crazy because they thought it would be a cake walk...

Just thought I would give my two cents. I don't totally like the guy but he is not a moron or an idiot. Everyone tends to look at the negative instead of the positive. It's what people are obsessed with.
Okaaaaay. I believe the man IS an idiot/moron/douche whatever else I can think up. And yes, these people CAN make it into the white house. MONEY gets you into the white house... when you can launch a multi-million dollar campaign, and appeal to the other wealthy voters... then you get in. As for being "successful" as president... umm... he satisfied the wealthy, and got re-elected. As for everybody cheering for the war... that says a whole lot about the % of voters that voted for him. And these same gun toting hillbillies aren't exactly experienced military analysts... so who was 'everybody' to think it was going to be a cake walk?

Old 10-29-2005, 08:38 PM
4th Gear

Pretty harsh words about a Leader of a country that you dont even live in, don't know ya think chris?

Old 10-29-2005, 08:40 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: audiboy1618

Unfortunately the puppet govenernment we have over here always seem to follow regardless, and as such, there are UK guys out there getting killed in this pathetic oil-centred war. I do live in NY , but I don't vote. Unfortunately the US stuff effects the rest of the world, so when bush got voted in, the rest of the world went 'Doh'. If you cannot see how it effects the rest of the world, then you are a little less astute than you make out.

Old 10-29-2005, 08:40 PM

and just to tell u he didnt win the popular vote therefore the people did not vote him in, the electoral college did.

Old 10-29-2005, 08:42 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: apg96

and just to tell u he didnt win the popular vote therefore the people did not vote him in, the electoral college did.
And what happened when he won his first term?

Quick Reply: It's funny, because for all you know -- it's true.