Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

issued failure to control vehicle speed citation for no fault accident

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 02:37 PM
1st Gear

Finally got some good news. The other party's insurance has agreed to pay for all damages after seeing pictures of my car, basically admitting their driver was 100% at fault since MD is a contributory negligence state. Now I'm really curious how the state's gonna try to rule against me in the failure to control vehicle citation case.

Old 07-27-2011, 04:56 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

seems like things are going favorably....

so far. I'm interested to hear how this finally turns out after "your day in court"

Old 07-28-2011, 12:40 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by 02A6Beau
seems like things are going favorably....

so far. I'm interested to hear how this finally turns out after "your day in court"
Yup, I guess karma is paying me back now. Geico gave me a pretty reasonable settlement today and I found out the other party never replied to their citation, so his license is going to get suspended. Lots of good material for me to use in court next month.

Old 07-28-2011, 07:24 PM
Tech Guru

Good stuff man. I'm glad to see it really turned around.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by AWDaholic
You say that as if you don' t understand that the revenue from tickets and fines pays not onl yth ecops salary, but, the judges, as well... ESPECIALLY in small towns and po-dunk counties.
I don't know about MD but $$$ collected via fines is not aloud to go back to the dept. it has to go back into the city/town/county general fund. Departments are not able to directly benefit from it... Judges do get the court cost tho!
Originally Posted by mslug
Finally got some good news. The other party's insurance has agreed to pay for all damages after seeing pictures of my car, basically admitting their driver was 100% at fault since MD is a contributory negligence state. Now I'm really curious how the state's gonna try to rule against me in the failure to control vehicle citation case.
Really good to hear! Hoping the best for ya!

Old 08-25-2011, 06:01 PM
1st Gear

Case was dismissed without me even having to enter a plea. The judge said the state had no witnesses or evidence to prove its case. Hopefully the cop won't issue any more stupid citations like that unless she actually witnesses an infraction or have solid evidence. The cop basically wasted the court's, her's, and especially my time and energy for nothing whatsoever.

Thank goodness it's all over and done with now; I couldn't be happier to have all this crap lifted off of my shoulders. Still miss the ride though. I guess time will heal that part.

Old 06-16-2012, 12:50 AM
3rd Gear

Almost a year later, and this story still sucks! I had the same exact thing happen to me, someone turning from the right lane on a four lane, two way road.

Did you buy another Audi?

Old 06-16-2012, 02:02 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by NickBroderick
Almost a year later, and this story still sucks! I had the same exact thing happen to me, someone turning from the right lane on a four lane, two way road.

Did you buy another Audi?
Sorry you were also hit by a stupid driver. Hopefully you didn't receive a baseless citation. Unfortunately I was not able to replace my A4 with another as I have kids now and needed a larger vehicle. Went with a Kia Sorento SX, pretty decent car for what it is. We still have an allroad in the family so not all was lost.