Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

issued failure to control vehicle speed citation for no fault accident

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 01:32 AM
Senior Administrator

Here is the link to the video recording package I was talking about... Barn door after the animals escape but, this would've come in handy, if you'd've had something like it installed.

http://www.mobilewatchman.com/Event-...-products.html

Old 06-27-2011, 04:30 AM
1st Gear

why does it have to be such a racist thread now..it was a bad even..do the needful and move on..

Old 06-27-2011, 11:14 PM
5th Gear

spam radar on alert....

Old 06-28-2011, 07:16 AM
1st Gear

sorry to hear about your wreck, it is not unusual for the person that caused the accident to get off scott-free. This probably happens more often than you think...i think of this everytime i hear someone I know sucks at driving say "i havent had an accident in blah blah years" i always think.."ya but how many have you caused?!"

you were cited because you smashed your car into someone else's and the law states you cannot do that lol. That is very black and white but laws are written that way on purpose.

you may be able to fight this in court though..i wish you luck

Old 06-28-2011, 12:19 PM
5th Gear

Well put.

I totaled my first TT after being blinded off the road on a sharp turn by a lifted pickup truck with his brights on.

That guy drove on, oblivious, while I jerked the wheel back to avoid a telephone pole, and ended up spinning the car out, putting the nose of the car 1ft into the oncoming lane, where a mini-van clipped it.

The truck was the catalyst for the accident, but I was the cause, and therefore, was issued tickets.

Cop gave me **** because (and this is my luck), there was a half full beer can sitting on the shoulder of the road. Not mine, but he insisted it was.
There was also a pretty dark set of skidmarks up the road a bit before the turn started. Again, not mine, but the cop deduced that I was probably doing about 80 in the 55 zone leading to the 35mph turn.

Old 06-30-2011, 06:50 AM
Administrator

Should've insisted that he fingerprint the beer can. Make it ironclad that it was yours, or forget trying to play inspector and just STFU.

Sorry, after watching local cops and having my own interactions with them over the years, I have basically zero respect for them. Most of them found that after high school, no one was impressed with their football-field achievements and they faded into insignificance. Only way to still "be someone" was to get a badge.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:30 AM
Tech Guru

I just sleep around.

Old 06-30-2011, 06:37 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by ImTheDevil
Should've insisted that he fingerprint the beer can. Make it ironclad that it was yours, or forget trying to play inspector and just STFU.

Sorry, after watching local cops and having my own interactions with them over the years, I have basically zero respect for them. Most of them found that after high school, no one was impressed with their football-field achievements and they faded into insignificance. Only way to still "be someone" was to get a badge.

Funny, because it was in N. Norwich that I had the accident.

Oh, and the time I got arrested in New Berlin, and the cop drove 80 on back roads (actually, same road that I had my accident on) to get me to a court house at 11pm so a judge could set bail on me.
BTW, I was cuffed, in the front seat of the Blazer, with no seatbelt on...

Old 07-20-2011, 01:12 PM
1st Gear

Well, finally got a court date for Aug 22nd. So that's a whole month for me to prep and stress over this entire ordeal. I called the court today to find out who to make a discovery request to and apparently there won't even be a prosecutor involved. Just the judge, officer, and myself. So I was told to just send the request to the officer. And from google research it appears that some judges here frown upon "not guilty" pleas such that if you're still found guilty they'll usually up the fines. WTF, I guess that's to encourage us to just pay the fine. What a racket. I can't wait to see how the officer attempts to prove me guilty, with her not being a witness, not having a professional accident reconstruction done, and I surely hope she can't use written conflicting witness testimony (hearsay) since I can't.

I also purchased a windshield mounted vehicle dvr off of ebay just in case something like this happens in the future. Nothing better than video evidence to protect one's innocence.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:43 PM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by mslug
And from google research it appears that some judges here frown upon "not guilty" pleas such that if you're still found guilty they'll usually up the fines. WTF, I guess that's to encourage us to just pay the fine. What a racket.
You say that as if you don' t understand that the revenue from tickets and fines pays not onl yth ecops salary, but, the judges, as well... ESPECIALLY in small towns and po-dunk counties.

Quick Reply: issued failure to control vehicle speed citation for no fault accident