Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

invested bleah what u think

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 10:12 PM
1st Gear
Default invested bleah what u think

eh just in a mood to rant a little. i get soo annoyed when looking through classifieds and see all these people that are selling a car saying "20k invested" then go to list timing belt water pump. thats all maintaince not upgraded parts. to me thats just liek keeping all the receits from gas and including ur insurance bill and saying 40k invested . to me u shouldnt list normal maintance or stock replacement parts as invested. yes tech u are investing money cause ur putting it in but ur just replacing not doing upgrades.
ok im done being annoyed does anyone find this annoying or u just think im a single *******?

Old 08-19-2007, 10:38 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: invested bleah what u think

ORIGINAL: J0eski

does anyone find this annoying or u just think im a single *******?
Yeah, pretty much.

Sorry, J/K!! It is annoying when it is something that the car was going to need anyway. It's not like it's something that the owner added because they wanted to mod the car or improve it's performance...just something they added to keep it running!

Old 08-19-2007, 11:03 PM
1st Gear

ahhh its good to know at least one person agrees with me hahaha

Old 08-19-2007, 11:16 PM
5th Gear

It's nice to read about those replacements before buying a used car so that you know it has probably been well maintenanced, but those types of things don't reallyqualify as an investment...that comes with the responsibility of owning an un-warrantied car.

Old 08-20-2007, 04:01 AM
2nd Gear

It also kind of peeves me when you see someone advertising some older car with tons of mods and think they are going to get a 100% return on what they spent.

Just because you invested $20k of mods/engine swap into a $5k 240sx does not suddenly make that car worth $25k.

Old 08-20-2007, 09:13 AM
4th Gear

I know exactly what you mean - before I ended up buying my A4, I actually came really close to pulling the trigger on a 1996 BMW 328i. It was a pretty sweet ride; Dinan chip, Borla exhaust, M3/H&R/Bilstein suspension work, M3 rims - they guy wanted $12k for it,but it was valued at $9k in perfect condition (which it pretty much was), so the bank wouldn't loan me more than that, and the guy selling it wouldn't budge on his $12k. Last I checked, it's still for sale. And I looked at it back in November!

Oh well, I suppose it's all for the best - I mean, I ended up in an Audi, right?

Old 08-20-2007, 10:08 AM
5th Gear

[blockquote]
ORIGINAL: MrFlippant

I know exactly what you mean - before I ended up buying my A4, I actually came really close to pulling the trigger on a 1996 BMW 328i. It was a pretty sweet ride; Dinan chip, Borla exhaust, M3/H&R/Bilstein suspension work, M3 rims - they guy wanted $12k for it,but it was valued at $9k in perfect condition (which it pretty much was), so the bank wouldn't loan me more than that, and the guy selling it wouldn't budge on his $12k. Last I checked, it's still for sale. And I looked at it back in November!

Oh well, I suppose it's all for the best - I mean, I ended up in an Audi, right?
Sounds like it was a pretty sweet bimmer, but then again, you ended up with a pretty sweet Audi. [sm=smiley20.gif][/blockquote]

Old 08-20-2007, 11:13 AM
4th Gear

LOL dude I ended up with a damn 12v.[:@]

Old 08-20-2007, 11:24 AM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: MrFlippant

LOL dude I ended up with a damn 12v.[:@]
So?!? Your car's NICE! At least you did'nt end up with a ricer!

Old 08-20-2007, 12:06 PM
1st Gear

ricer ugh i hate that i had a 350whp civic that was clean no flashy body mods jus clean any car with potential can be nice or destroyed ive seen some nasty audis too budy its everyones opinon and imop i hate when ppl get a huge ic and cut the bumper on their s4 looks sooo ghetto

Quick Reply: invested bleah what u think