Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Interview for corporate tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 02:00 AM
Default Interview for corporate tomorrow!

I have a phone interview for a corporate position with Costco tomorrow
I have worked at Costco for 6y-9mo, just graduated from Oregon State University, and am looking to further my career with the company.

I started there when i graduated h.s. and stayed at home for 2 years working and surfing, not knowing what i wanted to do with my life. then i decided to go to school and my parents agreed that if I kept my job with costco (transer to one close to school) that they would pay for school, and with me working, i would pay for my rent, so it worked out great, i would work at a store close to school a few days a week, then transfer back home where im from in the summers, was awesome.

Now that i have graduated i sent my resume, cover letter, and school info. to corporate and tomorrow i have a interview for a ICS position (inventory control - fresh foods dept.)

they're doing a phone interview cuz it would be a 3+ hour drive for me to get to Issaquah, WA for a first interview, so the dude laughed on the phone and was like, yea, we wont make u waste gas on that, lets just have a conference call tomorrow.

anyways, im stoked, kinda nervous too.

Wish me luck!

Last edited by mctavish11; 07-23-2009 at 02:05 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:34 AM
3rd Gear

GOOD LUCK!! Hope you get it. Wear a tie! ( I know is over the phone but just to make you feel better )

Old 07-23-2009, 06:08 AM

"dress for success" haha

but in all seriousness: GOOD LUCK!

Old 07-23-2009, 02:19 PM
Administrator

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do fine.

Let us know how it goes!

Old 07-23-2009, 02:34 PM

Woot! headed to work from 12:30-9:00. Interview is from 2:00-2:30.

Old 07-23-2009, 03:54 PM
Administrator

^ So the A3 is coming real soon?

Old 07-23-2009, 05:19 PM
5th Gear

Remember, you can study for an interview! Study YOURSELF!

Write a list of qualities that you know would be required to fulfil the job you're after.

Two examples might be:

-organization
-working under pressure

Then, look to your past experiences and come up with examples that demonstrate you are able to be organized... and another example to demonstrate your ability to work under pressure.
Come up with as many examples as you can for each and every attribute you listed. Study these and rehearse them! It's by far the best way to prep for an interview (trying to guess their exact questions is usually pointless).

However, there are usually a few questions that you can bank on:
-where do you see yourself in X years?
-why do you want to work here?

That type of thing.

Good luck!

Old 07-23-2009, 05:24 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by headshok2002
Remember, you can study for an interview! Study YOURSELF!

Write a list of qualities that you know would be required to fulfil the job you're after.

Two examples might be:

-organization
-working under pressure

Then, look to your past experiences and come up with examples that demonstrate you are able to be organized... and another example to demonstrate your ability to work under pressure.
Come up with as many examples as you can for each and every attribute you listed. Study these and rehearse them! It's by far the best way to prep for an interview (trying to guess their exact questions is usually pointless).

However, there are usually a few questions that you can bank on:
-where do you see yourself in X years?
-why do you want to work here?

That type of thing.

Good luck!

good info. generally, im totally unprepared for life. it can be an exciting way to live, but it also causes a lot of headaches.

Anyway, good luck with the interview. the tie comment made me laugh. I'd do it if i were you.

Old 07-23-2009, 05:36 PM
Administrator

yes study hard and practice
for my interview i learned all i can about the company like finacials, history and what not

its good to be prepared, dont go in blindly but you worked for the company for a while so you should know how things work

think of all the reasons why you are qualified and why you deserve the job

Old 07-26-2009, 04:44 AM

so..... how did it go?

Quick Reply: Interview for corporate tomorrow!