Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Incredible Audi Crash Safety Story

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 07:37 PM
pbv
1st Gear
Default Incredible Audi Crash Safety Story

Ok, So I was driving on a a busy road today. At an intersection making a left turn there was an older model Mercury (a tank) in front of me. We were both waiting in a turn lane to go left. As the light turned red the Mercury proceeded to make the left and I saw a newer model A4 speed up and run the light. The Audi had to have been going close to 50 mph. It hit the Mercury on the right front and spun it around. The Audi then took out a fire hydrant and a few more feet hit a telephone pole. I was so surprised that the driver of the Audi was coherent and looked like she had not been hurt. The Audi performed fantastically. Had I been the first car turning she would have creamed my new A3.

It just goes to show that a great car can not compensate for a stupid driver.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:01 PM
5th Gear

crazy story.

anyway, I'd say Audi builds some tanks. They're excellent for crash protection. I know first hand.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:02 PM
Tech Guru

I would be tempted to walk up to the A4 driver and just say one thing..... FAIL. But that would be mean.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:24 PM
pbv
1st Gear

I walked up to her to see if she was ok and said that she had run the light. She started arguing with me that she never runs red lights. Too bad for her me and a half dozen others saw her do it.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:28 PM
Tech Guru

Then that's what I call a MEGA FAIL.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:48 PM

Was the light red before she entered the cross walk section on her side of the street? Just asking because if 1" of your car is in the intersection when the light turns red you didn't run the light!

Old 11-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Tech Guru

^ Maybe according to Cali law.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:57 PM

No maybe's.....it is Cali. law! Drivers that are executing a turn are obligated to yield to anyone who has the right of way.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:13 PM
pbv
1st Gear

It was stone cold red before the Audi was approaching the crosswalk. I was watching the light to see if I could make the turn with the car in front of me. When it went red the Audi hit the gas in the far right lane that she was in. I'll bet she did not see the car turning because she was in the far right lane of a three lane road. People down here are morons passing on the right all the time, and blowing though red lights.

Last edited by pbv; 11-19-2008 at 09:15 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:29 PM

^ I agree. I see that crap all the time. One of these days I'm gonna make a slow left hand turn on purpose.....maybe in front of a benz or a beamer just for the hell of it........instant vacation and payday

Quick Reply: Incredible Audi Crash Safety Story