Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Inaugural Address: President BHO

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 02:26 PM

What conspiracy theory am I advocating?

Old 01-23-2009, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Trey25
where is this thread going?
off topic

Old 01-23-2009, 02:29 PM
4th Gear

No, I was referring to this:

90sport - Lets be civilized and call Obama by his real name, Barry. Your somewhat extreme statements are immediatly discounted by the "moderates" becasue they involve a lot of complicated pieces that fit togehter in a variety of ways.
Not that you stand alone - it's 90Sport that truly needs to re-evaluate what he believes to be fact and not fiction.

You actually, bring up some square points - just 90Sport hijacked your thread

Old 01-23-2009, 02:36 PM

I was trying to smake the conversation more tractable and I should leave it at that ...

... but I wont.

It is becoming more than a coincidence that every time I post about Obama and current affairs it turns into rants on Bush, questioning of my education, or discussions about the 19040's. It appears that people would rather destroy my credibility than defend Obamas

Old 01-23-2009, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Palindari™
No, I was referring to this:

Not that you stand alone - it's 90Sport that truly needs to re-evaluate what he believes to be fact and not fiction.
I was actually agreeing with you here, although it may not have been clear. 90Sport has made some wild assumptions using many complcated pieces that he sees fitting together in a certain way. The pieces may be combined in a number of ways which will result in a number of different conclusions, many of which will differ from his own view.

Old 01-23-2009, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by AutoUnionFan
The Gulf War had a lot to do with the security of the oil supplies in the region which has a lot to do with the stability of global economics. We can say that is all about oil and we can blame people (if that is what you are doing) for trying to protect oil supplies. Germany invaded a lot of places for oil and so did Japan. But they did it so they could continue to wage war. You cant use these examples to explain why the US started a war for the sole purpose of oil.

As I stated before, I am not questioning your education or intelligence at all. I was trying to gauge your history background and where you might be getting your info from.

You CAN use Germany and Japan as examples in some ways as to why the USA is acting as it is now in the Middle East. Japan waged war all over the Pacific to control valuable resources to strengthen their country. Most important was oil. Japan could not defend itself nor expand as a nation without oil, without it they could not wage war.

Germany is in the middle of Europe. They have France to the west, a hated enemy from the Great War, and Russia to the east.. Communists at that. They needed to eventually tap a great oil supply to continue their conquest of Europe and Africa/Asia.

Oil is still the most valuable resource on earth and will command tremendous profits for those who own, regulate, and control it. Bush used the army and marines to eliminate the existing government of Iraq. In today's political world almost everyone has some corporate hands in their back pockets. Bush is no exception coming from an oil fortune family.

I will agree that WWII is not a complete preface to the oil arguement today, because many other international factors played a huge role to those nations at that time. Germany in particular. But there is no denying that the acquisition of oil is the name of the game. It practically started in the 1930's and has evolved into what it is now.

Old 01-23-2009, 04:31 PM

Japan and Germany invaded regions with the intention of occupying and controlling their oil supplies. The US invaded Iraq with the mission of changing their government/tyranny. I dont think the US intended to occupy the country even though that is what it has turned into. To the best of my knowledge, we certaintly dont control their oil fields. I remember one politician complaining that the US is spending all of this money rebuilding the country without the help of any oil money. But I could be wrong and I am definitely not an expert in this subject.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:08 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by AutoUnionFan
I was actually agreeing with you here, although it may not have been clear. 90Sport has made some wild assumptions using many complcated pieces that he sees fitting together in a certain way. The pieces may be combined in a number of ways which will result in a number of different conclusions, many of which will differ from his own view.
Precisely, mate, the reason I brought up Occam's Razor

He's trying to piece together things that don't fit and thus creates the delusion (or dream) of a conspiracy.

Last edited by Palindari™; 01-23-2009 at 05:11 PM.