Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

ImolaS4 is alive

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 03:31 AM
Site Moderator
Default RE: ImolaS4 is alive

ImolaS4 will be back - just not anytime soon. Everyone goes through phases in life.
Heck, even my average weekly posts have dropped from 50 to 5 as of late.

Old 10-12-2005, 03:41 AM
Administrator

you had better not planning on leaving anytime soon either.. and heck thats something we should really sit down and talk about.. your post count.. hmmm... I would like to see you raise your count back up to what it used to be.. it seems like the majority of the senior members dont post as frequently as they used to..

Old 10-12-2005, 12:13 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: PandaXpress

remember the one thing that ImolaS4 hated the most
the R WORD
yeah, he would get pissed if you called wheels 'rims', and go into a whole thing about the origin of the word 'rim'........saw him do it on more than one occasion(sp) too.

Old 10-12-2005, 07:18 PM
2nd Gear

it seems like the majority of the senior members dont post as frequently as they used to..
so true! *tear

PS. good to hear imola is still alive and well

Old 10-12-2005, 08:13 PM
3rd Gear

Nice stable.

Old 10-13-2005, 01:28 PM
2nd Gear

Panda...thanks for checking in with Imola and letting us know...

Yeah...he was one of the reasons that I started hanging out here...And I loved it when he would get so worked up over RIMS....

Here is one of his many RIMS rants:

ORIGINAL: ImolaS4

OK... here I go again...

Stop calling them rims!!

They're wheels.

To repeat from yesterday...
Rims is a vernacular term now used by the ricers, low riders and the show truck crowd. It is a term that grew from the time when steel wheels had snap-on rims that would cover the steel and dress up the wheel. (There are some of these steel wheels around to this day.) I'm not talking about hubcaps either. Hubcaps cover the hubs. Rims snapped onto the edge. They were a great accessory because curb rash could be economically resolved by replacing the rim rather than the entire wheel. The natural evolution has left us with three-piece wheels; those that allow for a "rim" to be replaced should they become damaged. Since the majority of wheels of discussion are one-piece, those wheels don't have the "accessories" of the early steel wheels nor the "rim" of a three-piece wheel. In fact, the edge of the wheel is still technically referred to as the rim of the wheel. Thus, it's a grammatical mistake to call wheels by a part of the wheel. They're just wheels.

Old 10-13-2005, 02:59 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: abacab

Panda...thanks for checking in with Imola and letting us know...

Yeah...he was one of the reasons that I started hanging out here...And I loved it when he would get so worked up over RIMS....

Here is one of his many RIMS rants:

ORIGINAL: ImolaS4

OK... here I go again...

Stop calling them rims!!

They're wheels.

To repeat from yesterday...
Rims is a vernacular term now used by the ricers, low riders and the show truck crowd. It is a term that grew from the time when steel wheels had snap-on rims that would cover the steel and dress up the wheel. (There are some of these steel wheels around to this day.) I'm not talking about hubcaps either. Hubcaps cover the hubs. Rims snapped onto the edge. They were a great accessory because curb rash could be economically resolved by replacing the rim rather than the entire wheel. The natural evolution has left us with three-piece wheels; those that allow for a "rim" to be replaced should they become damaged. Since the majority of wheels of discussion are one-piece, those wheels don't have the "accessories" of the early steel wheels nor the "rim" of a three-piece wheel. In fact, the edge of the wheel is still technically referred to as the rim of the wheel. Thus, it's a grammatical mistake to call wheels by a part of the wheel. They're just wheels.
We shouel ALL send Imola an email describing, in excruciating detail, what our "RIMS" are, and how we take care of them [&:]