Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

I'm using my girlfriends MAC right now...

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 11:59 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: I'm using my girlfriends MAC right now...

Yeah, Dan, my brother just told me that he's decided to save up to make his PC a monster. He's into gaming and what not... my younger brother, I might have mentioned.

Old 09-29-2005, 12:01 AM
dan
2nd Gear

Thats cool, I'm not in any rush to get rid of this machine I'd really like the portability of a PB but the power of the dual G5 is nice too... maybe when I offload my B5 I'll just buy a new PB and keep the g5!! hehe

Old 09-29-2005, 12:39 AM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: QuattroGT74

Yeah I love mine too. Don't go anywhere without my 12" Powerbook.

Small, light, powerful enough to run the world from! Never crashes or gets 'infected'. Can store everything on it. Make movies, DVDs, stay in touch remotely with Airport Extreme and Bluetooth. Don't know what I would do without it really.

Tough too - one of my stupid pugs just run past me and tugged the cable attached to the wall, pulling the Mac off the table onto the hard floor. Not a scratch on it and still works fine - I was scared there for a second or two.
PLUS, if we're ever invaded by Aliens you can sneek onboard the MotherShip and upload a virus that crashes their defense grid, thus making them vulberable to our air-2-air miss-aisles

Old 09-29-2005, 01:30 AM

I was at my gf's house and using hers too. It took some getting used to but they are so fast. I wish when i bought my new laptop i got a mac. I was thinking about it too. And they are some much better looking as so many have pointed out.

I think my next one will be a mac. Anyone know if i got a mac if i could still use the wireless and printers in my house? The printer is via wireless.

Old 09-29-2005, 01:35 AM
dan
2nd Gear

Depends on the printer and access points, but in general, you shouldnt have a problem

Old 09-29-2005, 01:48 AM

Exactly what dan said. It all comes down to configuring. Generally speaking a Mac will be Plug-n-play on most all systems. There are some exceptions, but it shouldn't be a problem at all. I have a basic Cable Modem to Wireless Router to Switch to Various Ports around the house and I have all macs setup. They have printer sharing on and it's great cause I can print from the Powerbook to the Powermac from anywhere.

Cake.

Old 09-29-2005, 02:05 AM

yea thats why i like having wireless in my house too. It great. I dont alot of stuff on the throne too. Some of my best work goes down there.

Old 09-29-2005, 02:10 AM

Undivided Attention. Priceless.

Old 09-29-2005, 02:15 AM
dan
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: afruss2007

Undivided Attention. Priceless.
I pm'ed you the specs on the G5, drop me a line and let me know what you think.

Old 09-29-2005, 11:41 AM

Hey I got them and it looks like a nice system. I wouldn't need any software as I pretty much stay up to date on that, but I'll give it some thought and get back to ya.

I appreciate it!

Quick Reply: I'm using my girlfriends MAC right now...