Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Im going shooting for the first time

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 05:17 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Im going shooting for the first time

yeah.. i know its not his.. but just pointing it out that its an awesome looking place.. and hey there isnt anything wrong with a tent!

Old 08-23-2005, 05:18 PM

Just remember... pointy end goes away from you.

And if you get a semi-automatic, for christ's sake, keep your thumb away from the recoil path of the slide if you wish it to remain attached to the rest of your hand.

Finally, don't be scared of the thing. It only does what you tell it to. Grip it in a good, manly grip, you are the Master!

There are many things that one does not understand the point to until one tries it. I, for example, didn't see the appeal in parachuting until I did it.

No, wait. That's not a good example. I still don't see the appeal in parachuting...

NTM

Old 08-23-2005, 05:21 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: Jestnomen

LOL oh boy, here we go. There's nothing wrong with hunting if that's what you are getting at. Hunting is just like fixing your own car. Sure you can take it to a dealer to fix, but it's more fun to do it yourself for some people. I own 2 handguns and 3 rifles and I'm always responsible with them.
I got no prob with guns (obviously, just ask SniperKitty), or hunters, for that matter. I don't think it's a sport. Hunting for food is just a more feral way of shopping, as far as I'm concerned. Shooting an something/someone JUST BECAUSE you have a gun is what rankles. Wanna call it a sport? Arm teh animals, give 'em a fair chance Of course, we'd hafta redesing teh guns to work with hooves, and other types of forelimbs sans opposable thumbs... There could be $$$ in that, hmmmmm...

Old 08-23-2005, 05:23 PM
6th Gear

ORIGINAL: Toff_the_Toffee

Thats not Jests pad. He actually lives in a small tent, high up in the trees in the background there...
Aww come on be nice. It's not MINE, but it's a family members. I'll be in a tent in a few days though. [:@]

Old 08-23-2005, 05:24 PM
3rd Gear

Anyone remember the footage of the chaps trying to shoot a lion, it charged them, and they missed, and it must have got to withing an inch of a bloke before they shot it... I was rooting for the Lion...

Old 08-23-2005, 05:27 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: Jestnomen

ORIGINAL: Toff_the_Toffee

Thats not Jests pad. He actually lives in a small tent, high up in the trees in the background there...
Aww come on be nice. It's not MINE, but it's a family members. I'll be in a tent in a few days though. [:@]
Jest, seen earlier, settling down for a week in his home away from home!

Old 08-23-2005, 05:40 PM
1st Gear

You guys have forgotten the most important things when shooting a gun.

1. Hold the gun horizontal.

2. Every time you squeeze one off, yell, "yeah sucka, yeah".

Old 08-23-2005, 06:27 PM

dam you tree huggin hippies[8D]

just kidding i was looking for a excuse to say that.

i am all about hunting for stuff you will eat and agianst it when it for a trophy. I figure if your trying to impress someone by killing a lion do it by hand, get him in a headlock and choke him until he taps out or passes out. then you earned it. But on the other hand i would go dear hunting with a AR-15 if i had one, thats good meat. i wish i could hunt cows too that would be the ****, go hunting for cow 3 times a year and have steak every night.

Old 08-23-2005, 06:31 PM

i have the lion hunting video but i dont know how to post it, ill e-mail it to someone if you want, its sooo funny

Old 08-23-2005, 06:57 PM

i guess its turn into a hunting convo but i thank u guys for all ur answer about techniques. I will try and be safe and i wont be able to turn into a gun freak caus eim not old enough to buy or ret one on my own.
Also we haev no guns in teh house that is why my dad is taking us shooting hes never shot a gun.

And on the hunting note it will only becoem a sport is when we are hunting each other with real guns or weapons. Its teh ultimate game (i thik there is a book about this). Just like paintball.

Quick Reply: Im going shooting for the first time