Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Im going shooting for the first time

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 04:05 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Im going shooting for the first time

ORIGINAL: Jestnomen

ORIGINAL: Toff_the_Toffee

Can't see the point of it personally...
Don't see the point of what? Owning/shooting guns?
Both I suppose. There are too many planks out there who shouldn't be let near a car, never mind a gun... I've seen some of the idiots on the OLN channel...

"woohooo.. I hid for a few hours in a hide, and shot at something 1/4 of a mile away.. Woohooo.. I'm such a man!".. O...k... maybe you should run after a big stag with a machete and be a real man?

Old 08-23-2005, 04:09 PM
Senior Administrator

Can't see the point of it personally...
Don't see the point of what? Owning/shooting guns?
Both I suppose. There are too many planks out there who shouldn't be let near a car, never mind a gun... I've seen some of the idiots on the OLN channel...

"woohooo.. I hid for a few hours in a hide, and shot at something 1/4 of a mile away.. Woohooo.. I'm such a man!".. O...k... maybe you should run after a big stag with a machete and be a real man?
My personal take on hunting is: It will ONLY become a sport when we start arming the Animals, too!!! Be more fun if teh Rabbit can shoot back, IMHO...

Old 08-23-2005, 04:18 PM
6th Gear

LOL oh boy, here we go. There's nothing wrong with hunting if that's what you are getting at. Hunting is just like fixing your own car. Sure you can take it to a dealer to fix, but it's more fun to do it yourself for some people. I own 2 handguns and 3 rifles and I'm always responsible with them.

Old 08-23-2005, 04:30 PM
3rd Gear

LOL oh boy, here we go. There's nothing wrong with hunting if that's what you are getting at. Hunting is just like fixing your own car. Sure you can take it to a dealer to fix, but it's more fun to do it yourself for some people. I own 2 handguns and 3 rifles and I'm always responsible with them.
I don't wanna turn this into an argument. I come from a gun-less cultrue back home so have an inbuilt aversion to them...

Old 08-23-2005, 04:31 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

My personal take on hunting is: It will ONLY become a sport when we start arming the Animals, too!!! Be more fun if teh Rabbit can shoot back, IMHO...
Agree... It bugs the hell out of me when you see on OLN some redneck freak go out and kill a stag, then just take home the antlers... At least eat the ****** you lame *****!

Old 08-23-2005, 04:36 PM
6th Gear

Yeah I agree with that. Most responsible hunters will not kill and waste it. In my area dear are over populated so it's a good thing to hunt. The extras most people donate to the Amish. They'll eat anything.

Old 08-23-2005, 04:43 PM
4th Gear

Haha, jests knows how it is in pa near snowshoe. Hunting is prolly pa biggest sport, hunters come from everywhere to hunt here.

Old 08-23-2005, 04:48 PM
6th Gear

No kidding. I wish I was there right now.

*Sigh*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...n/DSCF0019.jpg

Old 08-23-2005, 05:04 PM
Administrator

sweet pad jest

Old 08-23-2005, 05:15 PM
3rd Gear

Thats not Jests pad. He actually lives in a small tent, high up in the trees in the background there...

Quick Reply: Im going shooting for the first time