Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Im going crazy

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 08:28 PM
1st Gear
Default Im going crazy

So i got this paper due for ENG 200 and the topic for it makes me want to beat my old *** professor with one of her books.

I need to draw an analogy from my own life to a literary or mytholigical character.Im supposed to be as orignial and unusual as possible and try to focus on one aspect of my development. It can be anyone from Dionysus to Jonah to Shrek someone picked? I know you all think im a dumbass for posting this here but after 1 hour of staring at my comp screen i seriously need help. I realize its MY life im supposed to be comparing here but i can't think of ****!

Ive been through lots of hardships in my life like having cancer and being in a real bad car wreck so i thought about comparing myself to achilles but there just isnt enough reason!

Old 09-25-2008, 12:53 AM
1st Gear

I know how you feel, I do the same thing all the time.

GOOD LUCK!?

Old 09-25-2008, 01:17 AM
1st Gear

Damm, thats tough, i dont even like your teacher at this point.

Well just think of some big things that happen in your life, but dont try to compare it to someone elses, real or not, but try to think of a character that had to go through some big changes or events in theres. You sad that you've been in acouple of bad wrecks and having cancer (which by the way bravo on that), theres many character real and fiction that had to go through some big things. If you look in the comic world, ****, there tons.
Can't really give you a perfect person to go on, cause dont really know what you've been through, but just think of some things that changed you as a person, and go from there,,,

Good luck man,,,

Old 09-25-2008, 02:00 AM
SoCal Crew Member

Perseus has his liver pecked out every day by vultures and has it grow back every night so that they can do it again the next day. I think he stole fire from the gods and tricked them into taking the fat off of the meat as sacrifice while man got to eat the best cuts. My point is, he suffers on a daily basis now. Not sure if that's what you're going for but I figured it can't hurt to throw it out there.

Old 09-25-2008, 02:16 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by love the booB5
Perseus has his liver pecked out every day by vultures and has it grow back every night so that they can do it again the next day. I think he stole fire from the gods and tricked them into taking the fat off of the meat as sacrifice while man got to eat the best cuts. My point is, he suffers on a daily basis now. Not sure if that's what you're going for but I figured it can't hurt to throw it out there.
Not to sound like a nerd but, it was actually Prometheus that gave fire to man, and was chained to a mountain side to get his liver eaten by vultures, not Perseus. Perseus was the hero who killed Madusa using a mirror shield given to him by Athena, and a curved sword giving to him by Hermes. But good point though.

Old 09-25-2008, 02:26 AM
SoCal Crew Member

Originally Posted by beg330
Not to sound like a nerd but, it was actually Prometheus that gave fire to man, and was chained to a mountain side to get his liver eaten by vultures, not Perseus. Perseus was the hero who killed Madusa using a mirror shield given to him by Athena, and a curved sword giving to him by Hermes. But good point though.
I knew it started with a P and had an R somewhere close to the beginning. It's been a while since I've read any greek mythology.

Old 09-25-2008, 02:45 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by love the booB5
I knew it started with a P and had an R somewhere close to the beginning. It's been a while since I've read any greek mythology.
Hey I still forget my left and rights when im giving directions, some reason my brain retains useless info. My high school teacher told me that knowing about myths would come in handy one day, just didnt think it would come out in AudiForums.