Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

I'm getting sued ....

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 12:04 AM
1st Gear

Let your insurance company defend you. That is all there is to it. They will and they should. You do not need to get an attorney on your own unless you plan to counter sue for repairs to your car, which I suggest you do. I hate sue happy people no matter how under priveleged they are. These people need to be taught a lesson that they can't just sue people for BS reasons.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:07 AM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

did they get pics of your car? if not..i'd get that repaired ASAP. pictures tell a thousand words. if a judge or jury sees how messed up your car is and then looks at a fragile little girl, it will only mean bad news for you if found guilty.
and don't even think about counter suing....how do you think that looks to counter sue a little girl hit by you! i can't see anyting good coming from that.

good luck. lawsuits are long and drawn out.

Old 08-24-2008, 10:33 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by S4sweetee
did they get pics of your car? if not..i'd get that repaired ASAP. pictures tell a thousand words. if a judge or jury sees how messed up your car is and then looks at a fragile little girl, it will only mean bad news for you if found guilty.
and don't even think about counter suing....how do you think that looks to counter sue a little girl hit by you! i can't see anyting good coming from that.

good luck. lawsuits are long and drawn out.

this is however a family that lives in the ghetto, the parents weren't even around when she rode her bike into the street. What was I supposed to do just crawl along at 5 mph waiting? I have two witnesses that would be more than willing to testify that I could not have prevented this in any way shape or form. Now it;s a matter of principle. I;m seriously thinking about letting this run it;s course then when I'm found not liable for any damages ..... civil suit time for the damages. I don't think the court will have much sympathy for a parent that has multiple arrests for prostitution and possesion of a controlled substance (my buddy is a cop in the city I hit the girl in and he ran mom;s name when I got the summons) I'm SURE it wasn't the little girls idea to sue me I;m sure it was mom looking for a free meal ticket .......don;t MY taxes already buy her meals ?

Old 08-24-2008, 11:48 AM
1st Gear

Good luck with that..how fast were you goin?

Old 08-24-2008, 12:21 PM
2nd Gear

prolly 20 mph if that, I had JUST turned the corner....

Old 08-24-2008, 03:05 PM
2nd Gear

Justin - You shouldn't just assume you will automatically prevail in this just because the little girl came out from between two parked cars. The legal system doesn't always turn out everything the way you want. Read my prior post.

DO YOU HAVE LIABILITY INSURANCE?

If you do, they will handle it. If not, find yourself a lawyer, NOW.

Old 08-24-2008, 07:30 PM
I'm make believe

I certainly hope you are telling the truth about her impacting the side of your car. i cant see a jury trying to convict a person the "hit" someone with the side of the car. I would do like you said, free myself of guilt, THEN sue their *** for repairs done by the child.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:30 AM
4th Gear

I'm with Karguy - contact you insurance. You have to have at least liability coverage in state to drive legally.

If not, you're screwed.

But all kidding aside... let the insurance handle it - not you, that's why you pay them those premiums every month, right?

Old 08-25-2008, 08:26 AM
4th Gear

Just thought I'd point out, there is no Jury in a civil suit. Also, there is no burden of proof, and the only thing they really have to prove is that you did were at least partially responsible for something bad that happened to them.

And yeah, your insurance will only defend you to the extent of your policy, then they'll bail. I'd get your own lawyer as the respondent, and then counter-sue for all legal fees and damages to your vehicle.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:37 AM
3rd Gear

Go on Judge Judy she doesn't take the BS lol.

Quick Reply: I'm getting sued ....