Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

i'm actually considering getting rid of my audi

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 04:07 AM
5th Gear
Default i'm actually considering getting rid of my audi

it might be the 110* temps all weekend, it might be the exhaustion setting in from moving in 110* temps, it might be the fact that my new washer is leaking all over the floor of my new apt..it might also have to do with my bumper ripping completely off my car as i loaded my laundry up and pulled away heading for the nearest laundromat...but i'm not in a very good mood today and even though i thought this day would never come, i'm actually thinking about getting rid of it...i just don't think i can afford the repairs anymore...the inner cv joints are starting to click (barely but i can hear it when i pull out of my spot in the mornings)...my control arms are ready to be replaced...i need a new bumper and i need the bumper and my hood painted...i don't know how i'm going to take care of all this...i might just get rid of it and go for another sport bike...

[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

Old 07-24-2006, 04:14 AM
Administrator
Default RE: i'm actually considering getting rid of my audi

u gotta do what u gotta do, if the cars not worth it anymore then you shouldnt keep putting money in to it anymore
and why dont u get a car instead of a bike casue what if it rains

Old 07-24-2006, 04:23 AM
Senior Administrator

I feel your pain, mon frere. BELIEVE ME, I feel your pain. I need front AND rear bumper covers. Pass-side mirror (glass only) replaced, but, oddly enough, glass only costs SAME as replacing the whole thing. r/f outer cv boot is torn. pass-side headlight lens is busted. Armrest busted. HUD stopped HUDding last weekend. cruise ctl only works 1/10,000 times. trunk release doesn't work 1/10,000 times. I side-swiped a lamp-post in a parking lot, last month...

I'm in the window for timing belt/waterpump replacement...
r/f rotor is slightly warped...
the NUT behind the wheel ain't wrapped too tight, either...

BUT, if you git rid of your Audi I'm writing you OUT of my will (which is prolly doing you a favor, so I gotta think of a better threat...) I'm taking you OFF the christmas list[&:]

Old 07-24-2006, 04:30 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja

I hope thats just the heat talking....
when its all said & done, we all have things to repair - but in the end I like to think its all worth it....
I hope u cool down & come to ur senses !

Old 07-24-2006, 04:36 AM
Administrator

why dont you just trade up for a B6

Old 07-24-2006, 05:01 AM
4th Gear

i got rid of my car bc it was gettin crazy expensive. i miss it everyday

Old 07-24-2006, 05:04 AM
Administrator

you can always get a beater for when the Audi is in the shop

Old 07-24-2006, 06:06 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Redgoat

you can always get a beater for when the Audi is in the shop

ORIGINAL: Redgoat

why dont you just trade up for a B6

Redgoat he just made a topic about not having enough money for repairs and you made 2 responses both which don't solve the problem but actually involve spending more money ontop of the repair costs. Not everyone is made of money.

Old 07-24-2006, 06:14 AM
2nd Gear

whoaa relax there man! as stated in a recent thread, redgoat is a military man, gets paid to go to skool and works full time..if he was made of money hed have a B7 RS4...right redgoat?!

Old 07-24-2006, 10:49 AM
2nd Gear

If I was hurting for money, I wouldn't even think twice about selling my car. If I had to get rid of it, I would. A car is not an asset... You're home is...

Best of luck to you bentframe, hope it all works out.