Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

if the big 3 go under

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Default if the big 3 go under

Just b*tching about what COULD happen if the big 3(GM,chrysler,ford) go under

1.More imported cars will be needed. There for more vw/audis in america. Prices of audis will go down and more and more people will get audis. Witch is totally fine. Awesome. But when it comes to people modding them up. I'm very scared!! I seen a 1995 style a4 with a hug carbon wing... That's it .. No tint.. No rims.. Nothing but a big a$$ wing!!!

The plus side is all these vw/audis will need to be imported then the demand for aftermarket parts will go crazy and prices on parts will go down!!

This is just a bull sh*t'n thread. "Trucker talk"!

Old 12-05-2008, 07:42 PM
I'm make believe

Didnt watch to much of what went down today, but they plan on making cut backs of the upper peoples pay and also cut back on the amount of car lines and models. I think alot of the money could be saved if they didnt make all these concept cars and other wasteful spending. I know some parts actually get used in these concepts.

Old 12-05-2008, 07:49 PM
1st Gear

They only will survive if they get rid of the union first.They need to get rid if retro cars.I think the oil companies should finance the bailout

Old 12-05-2008, 07:51 PM

What I don't get is they wanna stop making some cars but then build hybrids?
I heard to day they have till the end of this month to convince congress to give them the bail out $$

And if they go under. Some smaller company will still make a form of vett / mustang. But I think ford will still make there trucks

I also heard the government won't let the auto factories close cuz they vehicles for the army

Old 12-05-2008, 08:07 PM
I'm make believe

Ford said the other day that they may not need any money. They have some minor cuts and they will be fine. Dont know if that has changed however. Dont think if anyone would be to upset if some of these small brands that FOrd and GM own go bye bye.

As for the hybrids, what i dont get is that just about every car in Europe is a small displacement motor and if it has power its has a turbo. There gas is high so they need good mpg cars. Dont know why they dont just bring that here. You can get many more mpg with a 1.6L w/ a turbo making 150hp than a 2L making the same power. Not to mention the 1.6T should have more tq which would make it nicer to drive.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:08 PM
4th Gear

im kinda sick of everyone buying audis, i remember when i bought my first audi several years ago no one knew what they were, and when at 18 i drove to school iny my S4 people were phyced at what this german twin turbo beast was capable of. now i see every little ***** around here running around in an a4 with ebay lights as a first mod.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:15 PM

Oil companies just wanna get paid. They run this country
And why don't gm,ford,chrysler have desial cars? They wouldn't have this issue

Old 12-05-2008, 08:16 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

GM makes three cars, the Malibu, G6, and Astra. They are all the same car, designed to compete with the Camry, yet all three combined don't even come close to Camry sales. **** the big three, I hope they go to hell.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:20 PM

I just want them to keep making there pickups

Old 12-05-2008, 08:31 PM
5th Gear

If the auto industry in this country goes under, a HUGE number of people will be out of work. This would have a ripple effect reaching out to everything relating to cars (which is almost everything anyway), and **** would hit the fan at an epic level. The govt won't let the auto industry go under. **** might get restructured, but it won't go under.