Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

I want a gun!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 01:50 AM

Lol I love audi guys, nah im just piested that I keep finding bad things out more and more, I love my audi but hate it at the same time. Wife now wants a brand new one so guess im getting the older a4 but o well. Just mad *** hell I keep finding problems out with it as I really dig more and more. Not worried bout the money at all just upset more and more things are bad thats all. Glad I can do alot of it on my own and not paying a shop crazy amount of money to repair it or this would have made me cry!

Old 08-16-2010, 08:24 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by devlzluv
Uggg I swear 4k gone now...

Lol sorry for my rant but gd AUDI has made me mad!
Well that first bit he is obviously bitching about the cost, and that second bit I just do not get.

It is not Audi's fault the prior maintenance was not taken care of nor is it their fault how your wife drives the car.

Everyone gets frustrated I agree, we can all attest to that. I had the same rant when I did the control arms two years ago. THAT I can blame Audi for because of how they designed the front suspension (everyone who has to mess with the pinch-bolt knows what I'm talking about).

We all understand your anger, as soon as you get ALL the proper maintenance taken care of the car should reward you with added driving life.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:40 AM
Administrator

All of that aside, this belongs in O/T.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:05 PM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by devlzluv
Lol I love audi guys, nah im just piested that I keep finding bad things out more and more, I love my audi but hate it at the same time. Wife now wants a brand new one so guess im getting the older a4 but o well. Just mad *** hell I keep finding problems out with it as I really dig more and more. Not worried bout the money at all just upset more and more things are bad thats all. Glad I can do alot of it on my own and not paying a shop crazy amount of money to repair it or this would have made me cry!
My response to a "Why Audi" thread, last month-ish: (I've highlighted teh relevant part)
Originally Posted by AWDaholic
You know, its funny, but, I do not remember this question being asked all that often. I've been on these boards for almost 6 years, now, and most threads started by Ne0wBs skirt around the basic question of "Why Audi," but rarely ask directly.

My take is that most Audi owners see themselves as non-conforming-conformist. We ALL like German engineering, style, and performance; but, BMW... EVERYBODY drives a Bee-Emm-fVey. Mercedes? If you've EVER driven the Autobahn, you'd know that the ONLY drivers that are BIGGER d1<&s than BMW drivers are the @$$hol3 Merc drivers that refuse to get out of teh left-lane because they are going as "fast" as they intend to. Jag-U-aur aur for pompus a$$e$ that like to $pend money for creature-comforts in a high performance, well-handling car that a) lacks performance; and, b) doesn't handle very well. Lexus (and Acura)? One word: RICE. While technically proficient at being cars, both lack anything close to what real enthuiast call character, spirit... SOUL!

Audi (BTW, it is MY contention that the plurl of Audi is Audi) have them ALL faded:
  1. Performance that meets or exceeds BMW.
  2. Luxury that meets or exceeds Mercedes.
  3. Comfortable, gentlemanly stateliness that meets or exceeds Jaguar.
  4. Handling on par with a BMW (IMHO); above Mercedes (again, IMHO); and, light-years ahead of Jaguar (IEHO {in EVERYBODIES humble opinion})
  5. Character/Spirit/Soul that far and above exceeds them ALL.
  6. Engineering profeciency that meets or exceeds that of the Japanese.
  7. A racing history that periodically re-writes the record books for years to come.
  8. Reliability that meets or exceeds the Russians...
Wait!!! OK, that last one kinda stings the wallet, but the other seven attributes offset this one, lone drawback. At least, that's what I tell my Mercedes/BMW/Lexus/Acura-driving friends.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:35 PM

Lol ya sorry guys it was a drunken rant last night. I love my audi just mad that previous owners neglected her so much and now im paying, reason I said I hate audi is cuz people dont realize when they but 1 how much work you have to put into them. Its like being married, some days you want to take a cleaver to your spouse but other days make you smile. Well thats how I feel about my audi and will always be buying more.

AWDaholic i love the last quote "Reliability that meets or exceeds the Russians"

Old 08-16-2010, 01:27 PM
2nd Gear

sell your car. not worth it if you dont enjoy tinkering with things.

buy a moped

/thread

Old 08-16-2010, 08:05 PM
Tech Guru

Reliability that meets or exceeds the Russians:

Old 09-21-2010, 01:25 AM
2nd Gear

LOL @^^^. Come to texas. I go to a gunstore and walk out with a gun in a few minutes ftw.

Old 09-21-2010, 11:03 AM
3rd Gear

I think he forgot to bend over when he signed the title.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:42 PM
4th Gear

i really hope that 4k wasent all in the brakes, that way to pricey.