Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

i want everyone's honest opinion.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 05:21 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: i want everyone's honest opinion.

I'll never understand why you would bring a child into a situation like that rather than put him/her up for adoption and give the kid a chance to be raised in a better environment. If you really love yout child then you should be willing to give it the best chance you can to have a good and happy life, even if that means admitting that you can't be the one to provide that opportunity. Tell her and her mom to grow up, it's a life, not something to bring in for show and tell.

Old 03-10-2006, 05:30 PM
Senior Administrator

Brian,

I do consider myself a religous man, but, you'll notice NOTHING of what I said had to deal with any religous issues. When you ans she had unprotected sex and (I'm guessing) you delivered genetic material into her baby making factory you gave up many of those right you now want to exercise. She didn't STEAL it from you, you "donated" it. Does that make you FOREVER liable? In MY opinion, NO, it doesn't. But I'm not teh one who will be standing in judgement on this issue. If I were you'd get off SCOT-FREE!!! But I'm not. Courts aren't fair because they are presided over by people with their own socio-political agendas. My other "best" advice is: Get qa lawyer. If your family isn't well-off enough to already have one on retainer, look into Pre-Paid Legal. I'm sure there are some hucksters in your area selling policies, even as we speak.

If you wanna VENT, PM me and I'll give ya my celly and you can vent to me. I'll even pretend to be on YOUR side [sm=joke.gif], you know I'm here for ya, Brutha-Man.

Old 03-10-2006, 06:01 PM
1st Gear

Same thing happend to a friend of mine, he's 22 now with a daughter he loves, but he ended up getting married and having a child because she wanted to be a mommy really bad, and didn't give two ***** who the father was. My friend happend to be the unfortuneate **** she picked out.

I wish you luck, and hope that everything works out. If my girlfriend came to me today and told me she was pregnant, I would actually probably be excited about the idea, then again I have a good job and my girlfriend isn't insane (she's just crazy, like all women are).

I'm just going to reiterate what everyone else has said: get her tested, since you can't trust her word. If it is your's, try to get her to see adoption as a viable alternative, but with what you told us about her I doubt she'll come around. Even if she pumps you for crazy money, make time to be with your child, if anything my father has said about myself and my brothers is true, you'll really appriciate it later in life.

Old 03-10-2006, 06:03 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: KiloByte

I don't believe in religion either but that doesn't justify supporting a decision to force women to get an abortion against their will. Havent you ever seen that show that comes on late at night about abortin from the 80s? It shows proof that an abortion can have MAJOR physical and psychologial impact on the woman. You f*cked up so don't expect to be treated like gold here.
the case isn't about forcing women to get abortions, it's about giving men the right to CHOOSE what they want to do, just as the women has the right to choose what they want to do. read the article.

ORIGINAL: bentframe

one of her sisters is happily married to a military man out in georgia..the other is dating the father of her child off and on, a very disfunctional relationship. her family is all for it. her mom is just as crazy as the rest of them and they're stoked about the whole thing.
Wow, so are you always ******* around with ***** comming from disfunctional families in this manner? Rev up your Audi to get some *****? You have alot of class....
wtf are you talking about here?????

Old 03-10-2006, 06:11 PM
18T
4th Gear

Listen dude, go to the doctor and get a Paternety(sp?) test. DNA DOESNT LIE. See if its really yours or not.

Old 03-10-2006, 06:19 PM
Administrator

im sorry to hear this from you brain
i hope it aint yours some how
do everything its take, did u talk to the gurls family
maybe they can changer her mind

Old 03-10-2006, 06:29 PM
5th Gear

thanks for all your thoughts guys, i really appreciate it...these next few weeks are going to determine my fate for the next 18 years, so i could use all the criticism i can get...i'm not going to lie and say i feel morally obligated or otherwise...i guess that makes me an a$$hole, i don't know...but at this point, i'm seriously leaning towards not being a part of its life. i know this makes me look like the biggest douchebag alive, but i'm not going to deny how i feel about it. if you knew this girl, you would probably understand my situation a little better. but like you've all said, it's my fault for fu<kin with her in the first place...i'm just having a hard time accepting the fact that one mistake can determine the outcome of the rest of your life.

Old 03-10-2006, 06:32 PM
Administrator

hey nobody wants an unwanted child thats why its called an unwanted childed
ur not a douchebag as long as u be a man and do what you gotta do if its your no matter how bad its gonna fukk you over

Old 03-10-2006, 06:38 PM
18T
4th Gear

If this child is yours, (take a test!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) be a man and stand up to the obligation. Dont abandon the child. Its much yours as it is hers. She might be the biggest bitch but that child is part you. .

the worst thing in this world is growing up without a parent. im 20 and my dad past away last year. out of these 20 years ive only lived with him for 14 of them. I have my whole life ahead of me and no father. my sister is 15 and in the same boat. Its the worst thing, truly. I hope you can understand that.

If its not yours tell her to go bark up someones elses tree.

Old 03-10-2006, 06:48 PM
1st Gear

Sorry to hear that Bent. I'll spare the details about engaging in unprotected, but If this chick slept around as you mentioned, how can you be so certain its yours. This should be the main reason to get tested. But as Panda mentioned, do what ever you can to discourage her from having that baby(if its yours). She should know how difficult it would be to support a child and go to college. I hope you work it out.

Quick Reply: i want everyone's honest opinion.