Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

i want everyone's honest opinion.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 04:33 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: i want everyone's honest opinion.

If she just want s a kid to 'keep up with the jonses' how can you be sure it is yours.
PLEASE check to make sure it is yours. All this could be for naught. You could just be the easiest target.

Old 03-10-2006, 04:34 PM
5th Gear

being a father does take involvement and commitment, along with money, time, compassion, patience, love, and a million other things. it's a lot easier to say 'man-up' when you're a grown man with kids of your own and a life that isn't changing on a day to day basis. i'm 22 years old. i don't WANT any of that.

Old 03-10-2006, 04:36 PM
5th Gear

you're right, i will definitely get a paternity test...the thought of not getting one didn't cross my mind, i'm just not counting on the results coming back negative.

EDIT: i appreciate everyone's input here (with the exception of kilobyte's useless criticism)...i don't have many mature friends to talk to about this

Old 03-10-2006, 04:38 PM
2nd Gear

If you dont want any of that then you cant ridem bare back!!!
ORIGINAL: bentframe

being a father does take involvement and commitment, along with money, time, compassion, patience, love, and a million other things. it's a lot easier to say 'man-up' when you're a grown man with kids of your own and a life that isn't changing on a day to day basis. i'm 22 years old. i don't WANT any of that.

Old 03-10-2006, 04:48 PM
1st Gear

It sucks that she's gonna screw you (no pun intended) because she wants a kid, but unfortunately I really don't see you getting any help in court regardless of how desperate she is for a kid, hell some states are banning or trying to ban abortions, or certain types at least, now. Any chance of talking some sense into her, how are her sister's and their kids doing? Maybe you can convince her that neither of you can raise a kid right now.

Old 03-10-2006, 04:56 PM
5th Gear

one of her sisters is happily married to a military man out in georgia..the other is dating the father of her child off and on, a very disfunctional relationship. her family is all for it. her mom is just as crazy as the rest of them and they're stoked about the whole thing.

Old 03-10-2006, 05:07 PM
2nd Gear

i TRULY mean no disrespect whatsoever here guys, but....

i'm not a religious man. i'm a militant agnostic and i think religion is a horrible, horrible thing...i would like to hear all criticism everyone has to offer but if it's just 'i'm pro-life' or 'abortion is wrong', etc..i really don't want to hear any more of that.
I don't believe in religion either but that doesn't justify supporting a decision to force women to get an abortion against their will. Havent you ever seen that show that comes on late at night about abortin from the 80s? It shows proof that an abortion can have MAJOR physical and psychologial impact on the woman. You f*cked up so don't expect to be treated like gold here.

one of her sisters is happily married to a military man out in georgia..the other is dating the father of her child off and on, a very disfunctional relationship. her family is all for it. her mom is just as crazy as the rest of them and they're stoked about the whole thing.

Wow, so are you always ******* around with ***** comming from disfunctional families in this manner? Rev up your Audi to get some *****? You have alot of class....

Old 03-10-2006, 05:11 PM
Administrator

Here are your options as I see it..

1. Take responsibility for what you have done..

2. Convince her to put it up for open adoption..

3. Plant drugs in her purse in her car, and where ever else you can.. that way you can win a custody battle, and take her to the cleaners

I totally know what you mean though, you arent ready for these responsibilities right now, you are still young and have your whole life ahead of you.. Having unprotected sex is one of those bad decisions that have some tough outcomes, You just have to look at what positive can come from this. You also have a chance to be the biggest influence on somebody that could have the potential to someday rule this world..

Old 03-10-2006, 05:16 PM
Senior Administrator

i'm 22 years old. i don't WANT any of that.
Not to reach back and beat a dead horse, but, you shudda thought of that B4 having unprotected sex...

Having said that, my "Man-Up" comment goes out to ANY/ALL males who give teh rest of us a bad name, not just you (not that you're trying to give us a bad name; I realize that). I think somewhere along teh line we, as MEN, have forgotten what it takes to REALLY call yourself a Man, n this modern world. Age alone doesn't qualify. There ARE a million little things that do. Saying, "Please," and, "Thank You<" DO. Holding doors, and a hundred-thousand other little polite things also qualify. Pointing out when someone is about to do something WRONG (like when a friend wants to drink & drive, for instance), even if your frined CHOOSES to continue with the bone-headed activity, at least YOU said something. Being a MAN means doing teh RIGHT thing, even when nobody is looking (doing 5-over teh limit doesn't count against, in my rose-colored-world). And, when you do the wrong thing; and get CAUGHT, you don't go whining to mommy & daddy to bail you out of your most recent jam. You "MAN-UP" and DO WHAT'S RIGHT!!! No one should hafta TELL you what's right. ALL of us REAL men ALREADY know what the right thing to do is, just like YOU know, BF. You knew before you asked, didn't you? I'mm not tryN to sermonize (any mor than I have, already), but, as a parent, many of your "wants" are summairly abrogated... For teh next 18 years, MINIMUM. What? You think I WANTED to be paying almost $1000.00/month for child support, for the last 4 years (it s - l - o - w - l - y increased from about $350.00 15 years ago, and, dollar for dollar, THAT was about equal to a small house note then, as $1000.00 is now)? I ould have said, "PHUGKIT, I ain't payin JACK, and bounced from job-to-job-to-job iin an effort to stay ahead oh teh courts and avoid my OBLIGATION, but I chose NOT to.

Brian, I've never met you personally, but we've shared a not inconsiderable time here, on teh boards... I love you like a bruther <sniff-sniff>, and I'm telling you the SAME thing I'd tell any of my 3 biological brothers if they cam to me with teh same question, same as pretty much everybody else here is sayin: Make SURE; make DOUBLE SURE it's YOURS, FIRST!!! If it IS, then there is ONLY 1 question you should be asking, and that's of yourself, at that, not here on the forums: What kind of Man am I?

Old 03-10-2006, 05:20 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: KiloByte

Wow, so are you always ******* around with ***** comming from disfunctional families in this manner? Rev up your Audi to get some *****? You have alot of class....

WTF is your problem? If you dont have something at least interesting to post, then stop posting.. this crap is uncalled for

Quick Reply: i want everyone's honest opinion.