Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

i want everyone's honest opinion.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 03:19 PM
5th Gear
Default i want everyone's honest opinion.

ok. so a few months ago i was dating a girl. we dated for about 3 weeks. during this time we had unprotected sex. about a week after we had stopped talking (she was starting to get too crazy for me), she came to me and told me she was pregnant. the story in between is incredibly long and i'll spare you all the details, suffice it to say i did what i could to get her to have an abortion, and it didn't happen. this is by far the worst thing that's ever happened in my life, and if she gets her way it'll pretty much ruin my life (she wants to get as much $ out of me as she can). yesterday a court case was opened regarding men's rights in situations like mine. i want to know what all you guys think about my situation and what i should do. if you want more details pm me and i'll fill you in

here's the court case:
http://www.nationalcenterformen.org/page7.shtml

EDIT: i'm not looking for sympathy, feel free to insult/lecture/reprehend me if you feel so inclined.

Old 03-10-2006, 03:22 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: i want everyone's honest opinion.

Congradulations, you're a dumbass. Have fun in court and defentally get her tested.

I love it in this day and age people **** with out protection then act all surprised when they knock up some girl. You took the risk, now deal with it and love your kid if she chooses to have it.

Old 03-10-2006, 03:24 PM
2nd Gear

Wow man that is a tough perdicament. How can you be sure it is yours? Just her word? I would ask a doctor if there are ways to determine if this indeed yours or not before birth.

Old 03-10-2006, 03:26 PM
5th Gear

it's mine. she has a boyfriend that she was with before we dated...if it was his, she would say so. she doesn't want me to be the father.

Old 03-10-2006, 03:31 PM
1st Gear

Accountability my friend, you might be an idiot, but I assume (read hope) you aren't planning on running away and leaving her with the kid. There's probably not much you can do now other than be the best father you can be. Good luck though.

Old 03-10-2006, 03:32 PM
2nd Gear

I would want concrete proof that this is your child. Not just her word. If it turns out that it is, then love it and do the right thing.

Old 03-10-2006, 03:50 PM
2nd Gear

YOU are going to be a FATHER.
That being said, PLEASE demonstrate to the court that you want to be an INVOLVED FATHER, for the sake of the child. You will now have to live in close proximity to said child (and STRONGLY OBJECT to the court if lady attempts to move the child away).
You will have to change your way of thinking. It's not just YOU anymore. Somebody else comes first.
But down the road.........
Do you want to be thinking
"I wonder what my kid is like?"
or...........
"I have the greatest kid in the world!"
with a kid saying.....
"I have the BEST dad in the world!"
Have a GREAT JOURNEY, and make sure GOD is along side you and you child. You are in my prayers.

Old 03-10-2006, 03:50 PM
4th Gear

This is a tough one. I agree with what Beefski said though. Find out 100% if it is yours. If you dated her for only 3weeks and had unprotected sex, then there could be others in the mix. You may be the best target she has though. It is a tough conversation to have because you are basically saying that she sleeps around alot and always goes bareback, but this stuff is too important to try to spare her feelings and just take her word for it.

Old 03-10-2006, 03:53 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: TheHolyGhost

Accountability my friend, you might be an idiot, but I assume (read hope) you aren't planning on running away and leaving her with the kid. There's probably not much you can do now other than be the best father you can be. Good luck though.
My beliefs differ from yours. I believe women have WAY too much power in situations like this, and men have pretty much none. Apparently there are a lot of other people who feel the same way as me, as shown in the court case that just opened up yesterday. i believe that it should be a two-person decision. i also believe that i have a right to make my own decisions and not let someone else make life-changing decisions for me. chances are, i'll end up fighting this in court for the rest of my life.

Old 03-10-2006, 03:59 PM
1st Gear

Sorry, I'm a pro-lifer so when I look at it there isn't really a decision to be made, other than you deciding what type of father you're gonna be, in which case I'm with karguy a few posts back. Best of luck though man, either way lives are going to change.

Quick Reply: i want everyone's honest opinion.