Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

I-TUNES TROUBLE! HELP! anybody work for apple?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 01:46 AM
2nd Gear
Default I-TUNES TROUBLE! HELP! anybody work for apple?

Hey guys

Well today my main computer with all guzzilion of my i-tunes songs died and i attempted to upload and fix my ipod with this computer and i f'd it up and so all my msuic is gone! How do I recover all my lost music?

and can I some how bring up all that music i bought on the other computer into a new library on a new computer or am i screwed?

Im gonna call apple tom too and complain, maybe they'll have a heart and comp me some credit for the music store

Old 03-01-2006, 02:21 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: I-TUNES TROUBLE! HELP! anybody work for apple?

bump, any help would be greatly appreciated

Old 03-01-2006, 02:26 AM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: AUDI05

How do I recover all my lost music?
depends on WHY your 'puter died. Did it go because of a MoBo issue? You spilled coffee on it? It was heartbroken over being dumped by the toaster and slit it's own cable? What?

Unless it died from a HD failure your data is fairly easily recoverable. What'd it die of?

Old 03-01-2006, 02:32 AM
Administrator

yea damn Jazz thats one buff as Squirl
and yea my computer died becasue of the MoBo and i was able to save my hard drive

Old 03-01-2006, 03:31 AM
1st Gear

Like the others said, music on your main computer is recoverable as long as it's not the HDD, and possibly even if it is. However, it sounds like your music on your other computer is gone because iTunes is probably set up to automatically sync with your iPod. Is this the case? If so, then you have no chance there.

You cannot bring the music from the other computer into your current library unless you can get it to work. There is no online database of what you have bought, so the user is responsible for backing up the purchased music.

You probably won't have much luck with Apple having sympathy, but I guess it doesn't hurt to try. I know this sucks, I had something similar happen. Good luck!

Old 03-01-2006, 02:43 PM
Senior Administrator

In case you dint know:

MoBo = MOther BOard (it's where ALL teh 1's & 0's go, to get told WHERE to go, basically)
HD/HDD = Hard Drive/Hard Disk Drive (the electronic neighborhood where all your data "lives")

Old 03-01-2006, 05:58 PM
2nd Gear

i don't work for MAC, but i know you can go into your account from whatever computer and deauthorize all computers from playing the music you purchased and i would imagine you could log into your account from the new computer and your purchased music would be available? i'm just guessing that it would show up under the purchased library based on your user name. and you click on one of the songs to authorize the new computer to play....
i could be wrong, but rarely am

Old 03-02-2006, 04:19 AM
2nd Gear

Why would you use iTunes to download your music @ 99 cents a shot, when you can go to www.allofmp3.com and download a whole CD for $1.50 from Russia...

Apple makes enough money just selling the iPod, they don't need to capatalize on the MP3 market as well...

Just my two cents...

Old 03-02-2006, 12:19 PM

ORIGINAL: KarlMarx

Why would you use iTunes to download your music @ 99 cents a shot, when you can go to www.allofmp3.com and download a whole CD for $1.50 from Russia...

Apple makes enough money just selling the iPod, they don't need to capatalize on the MP3 market as well...

Just my two cents...
People pay for ease. Apple provides that. I'm an Apple fan, so I won't let that go without being said, and I won't disagree that they charge a lot for their product, but their product is good. What does every company do? Try and find a way to make more $$. Basic fundamental to capitalism. Soo ... they provide a legal alternative to you putting music on your iPod.

Is that other site a "legal" copy of the music. I don't know, I was genuinly asking.

And I think Sadize is right. You shoould be able to deauthorize and then acquire a new copy. I'm sure you are not alone in the world where some people have no clue what they are doing on a computer. Not saying you don't have a clue, but just rememer, there is always someone dumber, and smarter out there. I'd jsut call Apple. Nips the speculation in the bud.

Old 03-02-2006, 01:50 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: sadize

i could be wrong, but rarely am
Beauty, brains, AND modesty... Marry me?

Quick Reply: I-TUNES TROUBLE! HELP! anybody work for apple?