Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

I think I might trade in the B7...

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 10:39 PM
Default RE: I think I might trade in the B7...

my uncle had a toureg, it drove great and i love the looks almost as much as i love teh Cayenne but he actually got a lemon. It was so bad that they actually filed whatever the lemon suit is called and he got a new car. He then was taking a right hand turn (in the new one) out of a parking lot when a woman ran a red light and hit him in the driver side door at around 60. He was in the hospital with back pains (from being hit in any car especially the side) and a few bruises. Nothing major.

ON a whole when i drove it i loved it and the interior is very nice. I think it comes in a V6 if ur worried about gas.

Old 05-24-2006, 10:41 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: apg96

my uncle had a toureg, it drove great and i love the looks almost as much as i love teh Cayenne but he actually got a lemon. It was so bad that they actually filed whatever the lemon suit is called and he got a new car. He then was taking a right hand turn (in the new one) out of a parking lot when a woman ran a red light and hit him in the driver side door at around 60. He was in the hospital with back pains (from being hit in any car especially the side) and a few bruises. Nothing major.

ON a whole when i drove it i loved it and the interior is very nice. I think it comes in a V6 if ur worried about gas.

what happend about the car. did her insurace cover getting him a brand new car.

Old 05-25-2006, 12:44 AM
3rd Gear

I think the Touregs are pretty damn sweet but there are so many of them anymore. I just noticed the other day how reasonable they are when they are used. I say do the Toureg.

Old 05-25-2006, 12:48 AM
4th Gear

I wonder how he would do trading in the B7 for a used Toureg?

Old 05-25-2006, 01:47 AM

ORIGINAL: flyboy

ORIGINAL: apg96

what happend about the car. did her insurace cover getting him a brand new car.
umm im not sure whos insurance it was but i didnt hear any problems with getting the damage paid for. The car was worth 43,000 (it only had 2 or 3k mi on it), so it wasnt totaled, it was fixed after a while. They then sold it when they got it back.

Actually the body shop that was fixing it got its gates locked and teh cars inside it were stuck in there. It was on teh news if u guys remember, and that delaid it like 2-3 weeks.

Old 05-25-2006, 02:01 AM

I paid only $27k for a loaded A3 and it is very roomy, especially with the seats down. Probably comparable to an A4 avant for space and much more economical on fuel. I thought I'd put a plug in for the A3 community. Chip the car and it's very fast.

I like all of the other choices too and don't think you'll go wrong with any of them.

Good luck,

Chef