Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

i ShOpZ bLaCk fRiDaYz

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 05:37 AM
Administrator
Default i ShOpZ bLaCk fRiDaYz

Anyone going?

I never been in my life since I'm the type who'd rather pay more than wait in line (I hate lines with passion).
I am thinking of going this year with some friends just for fun though.

Where do you usually go for good deals?

Also clothes or electronics?

Old 11-24-2009, 09:32 AM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

i'd say ALWAYS for electronics, never for clothes.
i don't do black friday, though. don't like all the slow retarded people who bring their family of 10 to clog up the aisles.

if you're out for entertainment, i'd think walmart would be the best place to find it.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:28 AM
Zombie Defense Force

i have a friend who works at best buy and ill probably hit that up for discounts. ill probably go to the mall with my sister since i have nothing else really going on. might find a gun store and see if i can get some bulk ammo for cheap.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:00 PM
Administrator

Hmm...

I know Best Buy and Fry's will have extremely long lines.

If I do get electronic, the only thing I'm considering buying is a 360 so I can play the new Forza.

Old 11-24-2009, 05:31 PM
5th Gear

I won't leave the house friday. I did the black friday thing once, and I fully expected I was gonna snap and kill someone.

I take my hate further than just hating lines. I hate the general public, and when the obese, ignorant masses with their mouth breathing snot nosed kids pour forth into the stores, it makes me wanna start smashing faces.

Happy Holidays!

Old 11-25-2009, 11:38 AM
Tech Guru

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! I'm just trying to make up for Scrooge up there. I'm glad I work at Lowe's. No huge black Friday deals means no one comes in. You may want to bring a shotgun, I would recommend a Remington 870 w/ beanbag rounds. People actually got killed last year. Just remember this: Wal-Mart and BestBuy and the like have SHITLOADS of stuff in the back room. The Wal-Mart in my area still had like 1000 DVD players left after the rush had ended.

Old 11-25-2009, 12:54 PM
5th Gear

yin and yang. to every white there is a black, and for every holiday lover, there's a scrooge.

just doing my part.

Old 11-26-2009, 11:49 AM
Administrator

I'm looking forward to it. It's a contact sport for sure, but with two little kids, it's the way to go. I've been shopping for them since August, getting one thing here or there, to spread the cost out, and tonight is basically the mop-up for my holiday shopping (only things left are a couple things for my kids, and stuff for my parents and my brother's family). I go through the ads in the paper today, write out which stores have each thing I'm after, along with opening times, and plot a route. It worked great last year, and in 7 hours (three of which were in the car watching a movie waiting for the next store to open), I got through all of it, spent about $650, and came home with more than $1400 worth of stuff due to the sales. If you have big-ticket items, or kids, to shop for, it's a no brainer - go. If it's just for impulse stuff or take-it-or-leave-it items, skip it.

Personally, I have a lot of fun with it, even though in a lot of ways I fall into the same mentality as AchTTung with regard to the general public. But I love competition, and that's a pretty good way to get it

Old 11-26-2009, 12:39 PM
Tech Guru

Actually the worst part is is I feel exactly the same way about the general public as achTTung. I've just become a master at hiding my true feelings and keeping my thoughts of hatred locked in my head.

Old 11-26-2009, 04:59 PM
Administrator

ImTheDevil - You're too much of a good dad.

I think I'm actually gonna do it today. Eventhough I don't know what I'm buying yet (probably some clothes). I do smell some failure coming my way tho. It's gonna be the experience that counts right?

Quick Reply: i ShOpZ bLaCk fRiDaYz