Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

I-Phone damn its cool

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 11:11 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: I-Phone damn its cool

I like it. Definitely a step in the right direction. It's something that has cool new technology, but also looks good, isn't nerdy to use, and is durable. Only downsides to it so far IMO are the ATT lock-in and keyboard which is a pain to use.

Old 07-11-2007, 11:17 PM
1st Gear

yea... its ok for somethings...my cousin got one for free because he has a sort of part time job of reviewing phones and he did a really good review on the last phone he got so they gave him the i phone a day before it came out and he said that it is not good for business at all and that the on screen keyboard would take to long to write something and a blackberry or palm trio beats it... but for regular use (nonbusiness) it is a great phone

Old 07-12-2007, 12:14 AM
3rd Gear

it is a cool idea with cool features i guess, but i cant get past howDIRTY and greasy the screen would get from all the touching and dragging with your fingers...that would annoy me to the point i wouldn't want to use the phone.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:30 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: 01A4T

it is a cool idea with cool features i guess, but i cant get past howDIRTY and greasy the screen would get from all the touching and dragging with your fingers...that would annoy me to the point i wouldn't want to use the phone.
From my experience, the iphone is definitely not like that. I was fully expecting a POS like the first gen ipod, but Apple have really stepped up their game. The screen is glass, not plastic, so it shows fingerprints much less than regular phone surfaces.

Old 09-13-2007, 05:35 PM
Administrator

Anyone have any new input on the iPhone, now that it's been out for a little while? My RAZR sh*t the bed this past weekend, and from the time I've spent messing with the iPhone (a couple friends have it) I'm very into it and leaning heavily toward buying it, but I was curious if any of you guys have any updates for this thread now that you've had it for a little while. Any news, good or bad, after living with it for awhile?

Old 09-13-2007, 05:41 PM
4th Gear

What a Razor crap out on someone! Nooo i've only had mine replaced 3 times in the past year from "recalls".

I wont consider the iPhone till its been out for at least a year. The Razor was the hot new item and it had a lot of software problems during its 1st year. Not that they still dont but you get the idea.

Old 09-13-2007, 05:41 PM
4th Gear

I'm not in the market for the iPhone, because I just got my RAZR in April on a 2-yr contract, and I don't want to switch to AT&T. That said, I've a keen eye toward the new iPod Touch. I mean, I love my Zune, but the software for synchingit sucks *****, and I use iTunes for the most part anyhow.

Old 09-13-2007, 05:43 PM
1st Gear

I have about a dozen friends who have them now, and all are completely satisfied. For a first-gen product, it's been amazingly good and trouble free. Now that prices have dropped significantly and it's unlockable, I doubt I'll be clinging to my Rizr for very long.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:43 PM
2nd Gear

im waithing for version 2 of the iphone to come out. so i got a blackberry pearl which i think is just as good if not better for cheaper. now i cant decide though, to stay with the blackberry and get the iPod touch (which isa thinner iPhone without the phone, but you still get internet and all that stuff with a 16GB) or wait for the version 2 and fork out $600.

iPhone is cool none the less, but to this day i am finding new things out on my pearl and i wont give it up!

Delima!!!

Old 09-13-2007, 11:03 PM

I love my iPhone, but I do have a couple of minor complaints:

- You can't send pictures.
- The ringtones kinda suck

What I would like to see Apple do in their next software update, is to be able to select my downloaded MP3's as ringtones.

Quick Reply: I-Phone damn its cool