Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

I need the skiiers out there

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 12:49 AM
6th Gear
Default I need the skiiers out there

so I've pretty much decided I'm picking up AR6's this year, but I need your suggestions. I'm not sure if I should get 171's or 176's.

currently I ride 174 Rossi Sprayer FS's.

I m 6'3" an 175-180lbs right now

I would rate myself somewhere in between intermediate and advanced. I can ski anything in the midwest and the east coast that's inbounds (don't have the ski for out of bounds yet) Out west I'll ski up to black diamonds (in bounds)so far but am more reserved when doing so. I like to go fast and in the park can do 3's and grabs, working on the 5 this year. I also suck at rails like it's my job.

so those of you who ski, what do you think I should go with. Or should I go to the local shop and ask them?

And if you have any binding suggestions I'm open to them, right now I'm thinking Marker Jesters or some looks, maybe try out the new CoreUPT DLD 15, or the 4frnt Deadbolt15.

I spelled skiers wrong, I'm sorry, I've been looking at books for too long tonight and am not truly thinking 100% straight.

Old 12-04-2008, 12:57 AM
4th Gear

you would have more control with the 171s

Old 12-04-2008, 11:01 AM
Zombie Defense Force

more speed with the 176. but what kind of skiing do you do? do you like park, powder, bumps or speed, carving and so on

Old 12-04-2008, 11:01 AM
Zombie Defense Force

and arrmadas are great skies i have the arv's about 5 years old

Old 12-04-2008, 11:31 AM
6th Gear

I'm probably 60% all mountain 40% park

I like to go fast but I like to do glade runs too and make my own trails in what we call hills here in Ohio. When I'm out west I'd love to go backcountry and hit some sick vertical but I'm not that good yet and don't have the equipment.

I like to goof around on the mountain and have a good time. Carve some nice arcs with my run and get some decent speed. I might not be the first at the lift every time when I'm with my skiing friends but I am the first all the time with snowboarders.

A little bit of everything I guess and I know that doesn't help much