Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

i need help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 10:20 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: i need help!

ORIGINAL: Redgoatâ„¢

I would claim it through insurance..
I was thinking this same thing... but since they were modded into his car, I'd be afraid of my insurance co's reaction. Hrmm...

Old 01-01-2008, 04:08 PM
tdn
2nd Gear

the insurance company would at least give him the money for the stock lights. which should cover getting HIDs as a replacement.

also, stealing headlights is nothing new.. in around my city a few years ago it was a huge deal. audi's constantly got headlights stolen... arrests have been made which helped a lot, but it still happens. last month on a local forum someone posted they got their headlights stolen in my city. you might be surprised how easy they are to steal.

edit: in one case, the cops caught three people in a van with a lot of headlights in the back.. they would drive around looking specifically for Audis. by the way, it's become a habit to look at my headlights to make sure they're still there. say for example, i walk to my car from the back, i'll take a peak at the front before getting in.

Old 01-01-2008, 04:34 PM
Administrator

It's a sad state of things when you even need to do that. Too bad there are so many a**holes like that.

Old 01-01-2008, 05:02 PM
Administrator

If you have a modded car, you should really let your insurance company know.. *most of the time* your rates wont go up.. sometimes they might go up but just a little bit.. depending on all the other variables involved.

Old 01-01-2008, 05:39 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: Redgoatâ„¢

If you have a modded car, you should really let your insurance company know.. *most of the time* your rates wont go up.. sometimes they might go up but just a little bit.. depending on all the other variables involved.
My current insurance company puts little pamphlets in all my mailings that basically state that if your car is modified, they can deny coverage. If you have a modified car, they won't insure you.
I think I am allowed to have things like wheels... I am sure OEM headlights would also be alright as well... but lowering isn't allowed.
I didn't care with my B5--I did it all anyways. But it always kind of bothered me. My Ultrasport is stockish... just has 18" BBS RX's, Milltek exhaust, and a short shifter.

Only reason I am with this company is because of my bike... I've got the bike covered for about 110 extra a month. My second cheapest quote was over 7k a year. Slight difference.

Old 01-01-2008, 06:05 PM
Administrator

I would look into an insurance coverage that would cover all your needs..

and when did you get a USP? I know you always thought they were the sexiest Audi's but never knew you FINALLY picked one up