Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

I have a cunundrum and would like your input

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 10:44 PM
4th Gear

ok, now my gears are turning and i kinda wanna do one too, but different...

my plan, im going to get a clear hose about 1'' diameter, and a big *** bucket. take the hose and make a windy curvey shape with it and put it in the bucket (or build a rectangle and put the hose in there, almost like a mold) then fill the thing with water and throw it outside, its cold enough to freeze. then once the water has frozen around the hose, take it out of the "mold" or whatever i wanna call it haha. once out, cut the hose to the right length. at the end of the hose put a open/close valve.

thinking continued...

in the mold, ill put a funnel or something of such shape in there too, which will be at the top. this way i can fill a good amount of beer or whatever into the ice block. see what i mean?

Old 01-21-2009, 10:47 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by theTTkid
ok, now my gears are turning and i kinda wanna do one too, but different...

my plan, im going to get a clear hose about 1'' diameter, and a big *** bucket. take the hose and make a windy curvey shape with it and put it in the bucket (or build a rectangle and put the hose in there, almost like a mold) then fill the thing with water and throw it outside, its cold enough to freeze. then once the water has frozen around the hose, take it out of the "mold" or whatever i wanna call it haha. once out, cut the hose to the right length. at the end of the hose put a open/close valve.

thinking continued...

in the mold, ill put a funnel or something of such shape in there too, which will be at the top. this way i can fill a good amount of beer or whatever into the ice block. see what i mean?
Yeah, that is kinda how it's done. I'm just looking for ideas. The basic principle is that you take a mold of some sort, add water, freeze (either outside or in a big freezer) and then enjoy.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:06 PM
4th Gear

yea, i looked some up online, and im going to do that and my own kinda thing. like a valve and what not

Old 01-21-2009, 11:17 PM
5th Gear

I have little watch battery powered LEDs from my sisters wedding. They hold up even in water, and they light for hours and hours. Assuming you could find them, they'd look pretty cool suspended in ice.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:18 PM
5th Gear

just put water in a bucket, cover it and through it outside and you got a block of ice. eff the mold, torch it hehe

Old 01-21-2009, 11:31 PM
5th Gear

dude add flavor to the ice

Old 01-21-2009, 11:36 PM
4th Gear

^you sir, are a genious... but im makin a mold. probably a wooden rectangle 3' x 1.5' x 6'' somthing like that.. so i can make more and more lol... im out of town for the weekend, but ill make a progress thread next week and dedicate it to cab

Old 01-21-2009, 11:40 PM
6th Gear

I love being an inspiration. I'll try and remember to take pictures of the one I make in a few weeks.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:43 PM
4th Gear

few weeks?!?! pfff.

maybe its cause i do nothing with my life right now haha.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:47 PM
6th Gear

well yeah the party isn't for a few weeks still. In the mean time we have an Around the World Party and the White Trash Trailer bash to have fun at. I just like to be prepared and I was really bored after class today so started to think about how I'm going to make this luge.

Quick Reply: I have a cunundrum and would like your input