Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

I hate scummers!!! :(

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 09:49 AM
1st Gear
Angry I hate scummers!!! :(

The short History starts when I wanted to get a new cell phone (Samsung Behold) for the gf. I started looking for prices...The original price was almost $500, so I went to Ebay, there were selling them for more than $400.
Next on the list was Craiglist, I had never bought anything using Craiglist, that was
my very first time, I saw an add that the guy was selling them for $350.obo, therefore a sent him an email asking to lower the price and if it had it in a different color (pink). He said that he would have to
make a special deliver for it. I was fine til then, He asked for my phone # and we talked about the shipping and Payment, I said that I had only sent money using Paypal, he aswered that he had his account "down" so the only way would be using Money Gram, or Wester Union. I accepted and sent him the money using Money Gram (Big mistake, I know) Since then I have never heard from him. He just stole
my money. I tried and calling him a couple of times but nothing.
I know, I was stupid, I though the guy was honest but seems like he wasn't.

Anyways, there is nothing I can do about it,however, I learnt something "Never trust anybody on the net, only, If you pay using Paypal"

Have you guys had any bad experiences with scammers for being ignorants (like me )?

Last edited by Isramirez21; 12-28-2008 at 10:43 AM.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:24 AM

Wow that sucks!
Once on ebay. I was selling a JL audio sub. The tracking number said it was signed by the guy. Next day the guy emailed saying he never got it. Maybe I scammed him! Hahah I dunno. Tracker said it was delivered to the address he gave me!!

Old 12-28-2008, 12:23 PM
3rd Gear

I'd at least report it the police. Probably wont get you anywhere but its worth the shot.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:53 PM
4th Gear

you do have his number, they can track **** like that

Old 12-28-2008, 07:11 PM
Tech Guru

Yeah, something like that happened to me. It was my car and he stole $7650 from me more or less. I got too impatient to wait and didn't bother to take it to a mechanic first (dumb) and later found out it needed a new fuel filter, back brakes (pads and rotors), 2 new wheel bearings, and one outer tie rod end.

Old 12-28-2008, 11:23 PM
5th Gear

ya def report it to the police. i refuse to deal with any money order transactions unless i'm picking it up. i hate scammers too as i was scammed myself of a laptop. never got anything back though. i guess we live and we learn huh. if caught anybody scamming i will def beat their head in though. it's one thing to say something about somebody but don't ever mess with people's money, especially these days

Old 12-29-2008, 12:31 AM
4th Gear

yea...

i never do an online transaction unless its by paypal...

the speed tuning chip was the only thing i did by moneyorder. and probly will be the only thing

Old 12-29-2008, 12:46 AM
1st Gear

You all are right, I should have reported him. However, I did tried to scare him to see if he could send my money back. I had a friend who called him to ''order 2 phones from him'' He answered real quick and gave him his address to go and pick them up. My thought was, go there kick his butt, but unfortunately his place is 354 miles away ,rom where I live. So I said well nvm, because I would spend more money on gas, food for friends ( I was gonna take 3 in case the guy was kinda big.lol) so I thought it wasn't worth it.
Also I thought that cops wouldn't do anything for only $322.34.
Well now the scammer's phone is disconnected, and it's been almost a month, so there is nothing to do about it, but for sure this is not happening again, I learnt something.
I wonder why do people do this? I know everything we do (bad or good) it's been written and one day we'll pay for it.

Old 12-29-2008, 01:11 AM
5th Gear

o dude, you shoulda posted on here. if he lived by me i know some guys by me would probably love to take a short trip lol

Old 12-29-2008, 01:20 AM
4th Gear

The whole thing sucks. But lesson learned.

Quick Reply: I hate scummers!!! :(