Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

I got a ticket.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 04:20 PM
5th Gear

plead not guilty, ask for a supporting deposition, and hope the cop doesn't show for the court date.

As far as I know (this applies to NY for sure)...

if they don't supply a supporting deposition, you can't properly defend yourself, and the ticket is dropped.

if the cop doesn't show, the court can't hear that side of the story, and the ticket is dropped.

If they do provide a depo, and the cop does show, ask nicely to have the ticket reduced, give a valid reason.

I've been ticketed at least once a years since I started driving, and I've been driving for 10 years. I've paid for 2 speeding tickets, all have been reduced, only those 2 weren't reduced to non-moving violations. (usually failure to comply with a traffic control device, aka, running a stop sign)

Old 08-21-2008, 12:59 AM
2nd Gear

Zero need to apologize, was merely a point of clarification. If something like that offended me I would have to find a new job.

Old 08-21-2008, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by somebody5788
Got pulled over yesterday for 77 in a 50. This really sucks haha.. was just passing a Nissan on the highway and got a little ahead of myself hearing the engine revving out in 3rd gear. Not sure where the money is gonna come from to pay it but the officer said he gave me till October to get it taken care of. I thought getting the Audi was gonna keep me out of trouble like this hahaha.
Did you ever find out how much the ticket was? Here in oregon that would be a "B Violation". $242 bucks.

ive only had one ticket, "C violation" so it was about $145, which i got it reduced by writing a letter to the judge explaining my side of it. It was my fault, i was down where i go to school, it was before i got my audi, had a 98 cherokee. was driving in butt f*** nowhere on my way to another town, out in a field where there is a house every couple miles, i honestly never saw the sign that was posted as 45, i just assumed, based on the terrain and how desolate the area was, that it was 55, so i came around a slight bend and the officer was right there with his radar gun. I started to pull over before he even pulled out after me, i knew i was got. i was doing 19 over speed (of 45) so i deserved what i got. i wrote a letter to the judge becuase i was not able to attend court, due to having class at school, and he reduced it by half, which was cool, but there goes my clean record, for the next 5 years atleast till it drops off, given i dont get another one.

Old 08-21-2008, 01:57 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by somebody5788
Sorry if I offended you your taking me way too literally w/ that statement. I was speeding it was my fault but I just don't really have any money to pay a ticket right now so I will have to sell something. Anyone want a PS3 or a JL 500/1 amp don't use either of them so I dont need them.
How much for the PS3?