Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

I got a ticket.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 12:17 PM
3rd Gear
Default I got a ticket.....

Got pulled over yesterday for 77 in a 50. This really sucks haha.. was just passing a Nissan on the highway and got a little ahead of myself hearing the engine revving out in 3rd gear. Not sure where the money is gonna come from to pay it but the officer said he gave me till October to get it taken care of. I thought getting the Audi was gonna keep me out of trouble like this hahaha.

Old 08-18-2008, 01:11 PM
Zombie Defense Force

ouch that might be expensive

Old 08-18-2008, 02:09 PM
3rd Gear

ya im a bit worried about calling to find out how much. Just realized too out of the 4x I have been pulled over a radar detector would have warned me for 3 of them. Pretty much get caught by entrapment. Under the crest of a hill most of the time. This is only my 2nd ticket though.

Old 08-18-2008, 02:36 PM
1st Gear

Just out of curiosity, where are you located that the amount of the fine isn't on the ticket?

Old 08-18-2008, 02:56 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by somebody5788
Pretty much get caught by entrapment. Under the crest of a hill most of the time.
Entrapment is the act of a law enforcement agent in inducing a person to commit an offence which the person would not have, or was unlikely to have, otherwise committed.

So you are saying that the officer being at the bottom of a hill is the factor inducing you to speed and not apply your brakes on a downhill grade in order to conform to speed limit restrictions? Sorry but I get tired of people complaining it is unfair if an officer isnt in plain view or a laser set up is done downhill. I got a ticket years ago for 20 mph over in a 65 which was 250 bucks and 5 points. I didn't complain because my speedometer and brakes worked, it was my fault for not paying attention.

Old 08-18-2008, 06:57 PM
4th Gear

that sucks, hopefully it wasnt me you were passing lol

Old 08-18-2008, 07:58 PM
1st Gear

Get this. I got pulled over for doing 80 in a posted 65 in CA, guns drawn a whole lot of yelling....almost got my car taken and placed in jail by those nimrod power tripping ahcfurs. My second ticket, not many months later, was for going 100 in a posted 75 in NV. Oddly enough he just wrote me the ticket and sent me on my way....no questions asked, nice guy. Another ticket was for going 2mph through a stop sign, NO JOKE. Proof of these uneducated fools is getting told my tint was too dark,"no its not." I stated. "Im allowed 5% and my windows are only 3%." He replied they LOOK too dark so I have to remove it. Yeah, real scientific! The same goes for exhaust, they dont like you telling them to messure the decibel proving its too loud. There are both good and bad cops....after all were all human.

Old 08-18-2008, 11:46 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by DraxeofDclan
Get this. I got pulled over for doing 80 in a posted 65 in CA, guns drawn a whole lot of yelling....almost got my car taken and placed in jail by those nimrod power tripping ahcfurs. My second ticket, not many months later, was for going 100 in a posted 75 in NV. Oddly enough he just wrote me the ticket and sent me on my way....no questions asked, nice guy. Another ticket was for going 2mph through a stop sign, NO JOKE. Proof of these uneducated fools is getting told my tint was too dark,"no its not." I stated. "Im allowed 5% and my windows are only 3%." He replied they LOOK too dark so I have to remove it. Yeah, real scientific! The same goes for exhaust, they dont like you telling them to messure the decibel proving its too loud. There are both good and bad cops....after all were all human.
Hrm. You realize that 3% is darker than 5%? The percentage refers to how much light is transmitted through the glass. 50% lets half of the light in... 35% is darker, letting only 35% in. Capiche?

Me thinks you're leaving something out of the first story. I've seen a$$hole cops in my day... but I've seen a$$holes in pretty much every profession.

Old 08-19-2008, 12:09 AM
1st Gear

Odd, when the shop explained the shades on a window display it was clear to see the grades labeled from 0 to 5%. 1% legal allowable limit on windshield, 3% on front sides, and 5% on rear. Perhaps it was stateing the tinting and not the VTL%.
No matter, Im sure my point got across. As always, injoy the scheißegespräch.

Old 08-20-2008, 01:58 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Notahondaowner
Entrapment is the act of a law enforcement agent in inducing a person to commit an offence which the person would not have, or was unlikely to have, otherwise committed.

So you are saying that the officer being at the bottom of a hill is the factor inducing you to speed and not apply your brakes on a downhill grade in order to conform to speed limit restrictions? Sorry but I get tired of people complaining it is unfair if an officer isnt in plain view or a laser set up is done downhill. I got a ticket years ago for 20 mph over in a 65 which was 250 bucks and 5 points. I didn't complain because my speedometer and brakes worked, it was my fault for not paying attention.
Sorry if I offended you your taking me way too literally w/ that statement. I was speeding it was my fault but I just don't really have any money to pay a ticket right now so I will have to sell something. Anyone want a PS3 or a JL 500/1 amp don't use either of them so I dont need them.

Quick Reply: I got a ticket.....