Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

i GOT a sea doo

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 07:41 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: im getting a sea doo

Ive never owned one but my neighbors have a few and I got out and play on theirs with them, they have a few bigger ones i think there like 1200cc or somthing huge but they sure are fun

Old 05-04-2006, 01:34 PM

yeah those are sweet, all the ones ive seen that are big (3 seaters) are up there in price. im gonna get this smaller one and then later in the future get a big bad *** one. I was looking at this seadoo called the rxt. it is 215 hp does 0-30 in 2 seconds flat.

Old 05-04-2006, 01:36 PM
Site Moderator

Ive only been on one twice, and each time i had the time of my life.. Good investment for quality of life right der.

Old 05-04-2006, 01:57 PM
Site Moderator

ill tell you.. ive had jet skis for almost 14 years now. Im not nearly as much of a fan as the larger ones... *unless your on a large body of water. The bigger ones are not NEARLY as much fun as the smaller ones are. They just arent as nimble, you cant jump, cant do tricks... But if your own an ocean...or a HUGE lake, the big ones are good just so you can get through the chop, otherwise youll be thrown around like a rag doll... unless you like just cruising..pssh.

man..they are up to 215hp now..ive kinda stopped watching the new ones now.. its ridiculous how much power theyre putting in those now. But the other thing is...how fast are they really going to move. I mean, in my xp.. ive hit 65..and that had 110 hp. They are also adding much bulk and weight to these to hit the high hp numbers. I cant imagine doing 90 over the water.. so whether or not its needed is silly. And yes, i have fallen at 50+ and that hurt like a mo*** fu****

Old 05-04-2006, 02:32 PM

i agree there is no way that the real big ones can manuever like the smaller ones but they are cool too. My new house will be right off the chesapeake bay, so we can go out there cruise around find a cove or island and just chill on it for a day. with the bigger one i can bring more beer and picnic supplies. I figure for now i would find a cove somewhere and take a few trips bringing beers and a grill and food and people by towing a raft. it would be good times out there. the chesapeake is also huge, there is more shoreline just in the chesapeake than from the bottom of cali to washington state, so ive heard. man i cant wait im picking it up this weekend and then it is on.

Old 05-04-2006, 02:36 PM

hey sooks, do you have any links that i could use to really understand this model watercraft? i cant really dig up a ton of it on google. and a question i cant get answered is how long does a tank of gas last? i know it depends on how it is ridden but give me a rough estimate. i know this will have less mileage due to the mods that have been done on it. also is there a rev limiter on it to protect the motor when it goes airborne and im not expecting it? any info would be appreciated!

Old 05-04-2006, 08:36 PM
Site Moderator

Hmm...links.. Sheesh.. I havent looked up this stuff in awhile. Youd be hard pressed to find stuff now on it. Feel free to ask me though...I can prob come up wiht some sort of answers. Ill look to see if i cna find anything i had on em.

For gas.. It really is dependent on how its driven... constant acceleration dceleration. I usually wouldnt ride for sustained periods of time. but go for a half an hour or so a couple times during a day... Im trying to recall..but itwas something like maybe 40 miles to a tank or so... its what..8 gallons...at 5mpg.. That could be.. but it could be WAY off. For me, it was basically one full day of riding would prob be a tank.

Yes it does have a rev limiter on it.. And YES you will get airborne . Especially if your on a bigger lake. But thats the fun part. I rented one in barbados once.. took it off a 6 ft wave... wow..that was a bit terrifying.. slammed down so hard that it broke the storage compartment latch.

Old 05-05-2006, 01:06 PM

how much power you think was added from port and polished heads and the port matching. these guys keep telling me how fast it is but im like this is the only jetski anybody in the fam has so how would they know how to compare it. they also told me is was really easy to work on, it already needs a starter. also how do you flush that sucker out. everyone says you should always flush it out and also what all is involved for winterizing the obvious i know like fluid draining but what else does it entail?

Old 05-10-2006, 04:09 PM

i got back from NY with the Sea Doo and that thing is so cool looking. I cant wait to get out of work and go mess with it. i need to install a starter and a battery then i can play around with it. ill be getting the pics up soon. I actually ended up getting it for 500 dollars, my uncle was like what you want to pay, i though he was set at 1000 and then offered only 500 expecting him to counter, never did. I thought i had a sweet deal and then my cousin told me that he was gonna give it too me for free. i shoulda never opened my mouth.

oh and the other boat i was gonna buy got sold saturday morning for way more than i was gonna pay, so im back to looking for a boat.

Old 05-10-2006, 06:54 PM
Site Moderator

Ahh nice man. Sorry i didnt respond..i musta missed when you posted. Ill tell you the starters suck in these... I think weve replaced ours several times. And its hard on batteries too. Ive heard something before about a marine battery that is supposed to help but is more expensive. I cant remember why they are so hard on the batteries.. it may have soemthing to do with all the poundnig. Id say overall, theyre fairly easy to work on. But i never did a lot of it, just easy stuff. If we ever had a problem, wed just call my brother. He is a marine mechanic..so yeha.. Id say some of the hardest parts of it are just the working position and hard to get at places and getting light in there. clamping the battery down is a B!tch.. For winterization wed always just give it to my brother to do..but There is a formula..or winterization flush that you just run through the engine i believe.